Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday ~ Ayden's Magoo

He's done! Ayden has finished his Magoo and here is the proof! A bit tricky for 14 year old Ayden but with a little bit of help he is finished. He is posing against a pillow Ayden also made for Duke of Ed, to get a lot of practice sewing straight before I would let him get too complicated with my sewing machine. I have found through experience that playing playstation rally games then going onto a sewing machine don't work... Well done Ayden and thanks Melly & Me for the chance to win this fantastic pattern.

I've taken a carer's day from work with all the kids home from school and Maya's creche closed for the day. We have been off to McDonalds for lunch for a bit of a treat and tracked down some new bathers for the boys. Why didn't I get them at the sales... now that would have been good thinking.



And look! I've got some of my Living the Dream quilt pieced togther. I am so pleased with it. It has been sitting on or near the dining table since December all cut and ready to go in a fat quarter bag. I just love the fabric and now the piecing is over half done.

Our house is still full of chocolate Easter Bunnies and a few bilbies, never mind the MASSIVE easter egg that Matt gave me (imaging hopeful children saying "can you eat chocolate with your braces Mum...") Of course! if I try.

I've seen a few very nice bunnies popping up around blogland from Lucy's Easter swap. I can't wait for my bunny to arrive and see what Lucy has been up to.

I hope your Easter was very happy and a bit of stitching or crafting was done over the break.

10 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

Ayden your magoo is gorgeous.. and I also love your 'Ruths Quilt'.. I made this quilt in redwork and gingham roses range a few years ago, its lovely.. everyone comments on how lovely it is (or are they being polite?)


Lissa

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Melly sent us over to check out Aydn's monkey. It looks great.....

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Ayden's Magoo is amazing! And your quilt is looking so beautiful - I love the colour combinations.

I'm getting anxious now about whether you will like your bunny! I'm also feeling bad because I didn't include any chocolatey goodies with him but I was concerned about the customs regulations!

I really hope you do like him!

Take care, Lucy x

Amanda said...

Congratulations to Ayden! I love his magoo! And I was very happy when he won the Melly & Me contest - his dino was cheery and fun and my favorite of all the submissions. :)

Kitty said...

I think that Magoo is one of the nicest Magoos I've seen so far! He's gorgeous!

Well done Ayden. x

mellyandrosie said...

YAY AYDEN!!!!!!!!! He is just so fabulous and I am so thrilled that you showed us all your amazing work again! Enjoy your Magoo and dont stop sewing!!

A Spoon Full Of Sugar said...

Ayden did a fabulous job of his Magoo - it has great personality! It is great to see boys sewing - hope that there will be more projects to inspire Ayden in the future.

periwinkle said...

Found you via Melly, so thought I'd say hi. Your quilts are amazing and I love the adventure bag, and the lion one too. I wish my sewing was as good as Ayden,s
Lisa x

Annie said...

Well done Ayden on Magoo!!! I really must have another go at that pattern. Love the silly bunnies too.

Patti said...

What a fabulous Magoo.

And I love the colours in that quilt.

Clever people you monkeys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...