Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday - Cottage on the Hill Quilt

I can't believe it was four years ago when I started this quilt. Kane really liked chickens so I set to making this one. It took me a couple of years to get it quilted as there was an error in the magazine pattern and I had to amend it, but hopefully it won't be noticed.

Sorry its such a quick post. I've been to the orthodontist today to have my braces rewired and tightened. Owww... Tonight the kids and I are working on the Easter hats for the parade on Thursday. The dining table is filled with inspiration!

I have finished off Lucy's pack for the Bunny Swap, and its all ready for a final pic. I've also joined in the fabric swap on Melly and Me so some fabric sorting will be going on over the long weekend to send off to Blueberry Lane.

Just to spread the joy, Callum asked me if we are having hot cross buns on "Lucky Friday". It's the Irish influence. Happy St Patricks Day (yesterday) too.

2 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I love Bronwyn Hayes' designs and I used two chicken stitcheries from this pattern (I think) to make a wedding gift for my lovely friend Bernie and an Easter bag for my mummy a few years ago. I used them in a chair-runner thingy for my mum too!

Hope you have had a good day! Lucy x

Kitty said...

My goodness that's a very beautiful quilt - they are truly works of art, aren't they? My mum is a quilter, and I am constantly amazed at both her work and those of the others in her quilt group.

Well done. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...