Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday .. My Favorite Quilt


It's just a quick pic for show and tell, because it is another work deadline day (week..) and there is just so much on. This is my favorite quilt, a Rosalie Quinlan Designs called "Love is". I had seen Rosalie's finished quilt before it was released when Rosalie taught a class at Ballarat Patchwork When my sewing machine broke down 2 years ago I bought the block of the month as a pattern back and made a start with the stitching.

I love it because it says so much. It has family and home themes, and lots of tiny scraps of my favorite and sentimental fabric are in the little block borders. I changed the sampler block to have the kids names instead of mine. Maya was only a few months old when I started, so all of their names are stitched there, it's complete.

Go on, post your favorite creative thing and blog about it! x Rachel

9 comments:

dottycookie said...

That is very lovely indeed,and it makes me feel a tiny bit more confident about what I'm planning for your mini quilt ;-)

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

It is gorgeous Rachel - how many quilts have you made? I am always so in awe of your creations! Lucy x

Farmyard Crafts said...

Rachel - just wanted to say - it's beautiful!! I look forward to your Show and Tell Tuesdays!!

Jodie said...

Beautiful quilt Rachel, I am not sure I have a favourite crafty project - it changes all the time.

Lissa Jane said...

Rach
my fave quilt is always the one I am currently working on.. so at the moment its the civil war diary quilt, the hexagon flower garden quilt, um the redwork one..

well you know how the list goes on....


Lissa

Chookyblue...... said...

this is a great quilt........very pretty.......

Solstitches said...

Wow! That is so lovely.
Little wonder it is your favourite.
Your work is just beautiful.

Julie said...

Your quilt is lovely. It looks like you have a great group of girls in Ballarat, and they blog!!! I'll have to train up a few of our patchwork group members.

mellyandrosie said...

rachel,
thanks for your kind words! You have done such a beautiful job of it!
Rosalie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...