Sunday, May 4, 2008

Blessings and Gifts..

Another busy weekend has nearly gone. On Saturday Nate had his traditional Laos blessing that was to be performed within his first month, so off to Geelong we went. Because of the three sessions of swimming lessons we missed the actual blessing where the the Buddhist monk preforming the ceremony, but we caught up with family and admired Nate's jewellery and Tiahni's traditional string tied around her wrists. xxxx Doesn't Nate look sweet!

And here are the chicken pin cushions and pins all wrapped up in ribbon ready for the Mothers Day stall at the kids junior school. Ummm, hope that there are a few sewing mums there. As you can see I am missing the gift wrapping gene, and that are kitchen renovations are still not complete...
This is my little something from me, for Carol who won the bear pack giveaway. I've made Carol this needlecase with a stitchery bird on the front adapted from a stitchery design by Bronwyn Hayes of Red Brolly, and some fabric designed by Emma from her Sweet Daze range for Max New. The back is a log cabin block from my scraps and inside there is a row of little pockets and the felt for the pins and needles and things. The pack will be off to Canada tomorrow!


On the dining table are the cut out blocks ready to be pieced for Val at Dottycookies mini quilt. I am so in awe of the beautiful mini quilts I have already seen on Lucy's wall!

I hope your weekend was full of fun things and your team won as well!

11 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Hello again Rachel. These cute pin cushions would be great also in a bigger version as door stops...
As always enjoyed your post! Jo

Farmyard Crafts said...

Great pin cushions! I'm definately going to TRY to be a mum like you and make stuff for the kids for stalls and raffles and the like! Well done - don't know where you find time!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Loads of gorgeousness as always Rachel! I have always wanted to make those log-cabin chickens - I bought my mum one years ago and somewhere I have a pattern for a larger one but it is the pincushion sized ones that are the sweetest! And Nate looks adorable and that sewing case is beautiful - what a lucky winner Carol is!

Hope you have a good weekend. Lots of love Lucy x

Chookyblue...... said...

cute baby...love the log cabin chooks and the stitchery......

periwinkle said...

lovely baby, nice sewing too. looking forward to seeing your quilt.
Lisa x

quiltdude said...

oh that baby is so so sweet, please can I have a turn?
XClare

Julie said...

You didn't miss out on the 'gift wrapping gene' at all...the first thing I noticed after that beautiful baby was how cute the chooks looked and how nicely presented! All in the eye of the beholder I guess! Lovely blog!

Lissa Jane said...

Rachel
I thought the bows looked lovely on the chookys.. gift wrapping is overrated! LOL I used to fuss and bother and now I tie a ribbon or raffia and add a luggage tag and voila.. gift! LOL
that baby looks so sweet, but then again, they all do when they be sleepin'!


Lissa

blueberrylane said...

You are a busy bee ! I think your wrapping is great, love the pins sitting underneath like a nest...

Rebecca said...

i am in love with the chickens!! i'm having a binding party on my blog...come on over!!

dottycookie said...

Nate is delightful! And I love the sewing case!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...