Friday, May 30, 2008

Frivolous Friday ~ Sweet Things...

I popped into Ballarat Patchwork yesterday lunchtime, thinking I might work on a sort of a keepsake keeper in Christmas colours and I grabbed a couple of fat quarters. Well, I changed my mind a bit and made this little pocket. I did the stitchery last night and quilted it all in dmc thread and finished most of it off at lunchtime. And a pic of it opened up with some bits and pieces in the pocket.


Oh, so nice to do a quick little project! And I won something today - I'm not sure what yet :) but Jo Jo was running a giveaway and I won the second prize. Jo has such lovely things on her blog that I can't wait. Thanks Jo!

Matt's a finalist in the Business category for the local Environment Awards. The presentation is on tomorrow night. Wish him luck! I know he is my husband but he works so hard xx Maybe he will even let me take a pic of him all dressed up...

I just love this pic that 5 year old Kane has drawn. It is a very unique tiger with birthday candles on its back. The kids have been watching the doco "Tigers, Spies in the Jungle".

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

Rach
I love the pocket, very handy sized and the tiger drawing is definately for the front of the fridge!!!
have a wonderful weekend and congrats to your hubby, we are allowed to be proud of them from time to time..

Lissa

Jo Jo said...

That drawing is way too cute!! Jo x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

The pocket is beautiful - love the fabrics! Good luck to Matt - I hope he does really well. And that little drawing is fab! Lucy x

Christine said...

What a cute pocket. Love the fabrics and am amazed at how quickly you put it together - very inspiring.

Julie said...

You need to give Kane some fabric crayons and use some of these drawings in a quilt!
Beautiful pocket!

Marian Edwards said...

I LOVE your little pocket...it's GORGEOUS and the colours are ever so CHEERY!! xx

Charlie P said...

Heh heh- the tiger with candles on his back is great! Your pocket is beautiful and your stitching so neat :)

Farmyard Crafts said...

Gorgeous pocket, Rachel. I think it's a beautiful candle tiger drawing!! Isn't it funny what they come up with! Keep stitching... I'm loving seeing what you're going to create next!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...