Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday ~ Callum's Zoo Quilt

For Show and Tell Tuesday this week it's Callum's quilt, made for him when he was 4. I just love this as a little boys quilt, and it was made from the Hatched and Patched pattern "Harry's Zoo". He still sleeps with it ontop of his doona on his bed each night, but I really do need to make him a bigger quilt. Have a look at the second photo as all the work the machine quilter put in. Every animal has been given detail, right down to scales on the crocodile.

And speaking of Callum, see his extra big gappy smile! The second front tooth came out Sunday night and well, accidentally was flushed down the toilet before Callum had realised it had fallen out. (In some tissue he had used to stop it bleeding ... walnuts in the carrot cake..) An apolgetic letter was written to the tooth fairy and all ended well.

We are off to parent teacher interviews for Callum and Kane this afternoon. Oh, I know they look like good little monkeys, but Callum is the youngest in his class of grade 2's and is more than happy to be led into any trouble going, anything for a laugh. And Kane. What can I say. He is little, has an attitude and he is the smartest kid that I have ever met. Wish us luck....

EDIT: We went and we were amazed! Apparently our children are little angels in class and make their teachers smile and both doing very well. You could have knocked Matt and I over with a feather

7 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

My parents were the same at interviews... my brothers were ratbags at home... but great at school - charming really!! Glad that the teachers love your boys and gave such glowing reports. :) Great Quilt too!!

Myra said...

Love your blog! Very inspiring! I am in awe of all the quit you show... I have 10 years more than you, and not so many quilts... but then I only started quilting 5 years ago...
I will be visiting you again!

Kitty said...

That's a fabulous quilt - I think I like the elephant best.

Well done on having two little angels - I hear the same at school, and it is kind of nice, isn't it? Even if they do sometimes drive you nuts at home!

x

quiltdude said...

Love the quilt, you're so clever.

Do you know I think the majority of kids are well behaved at school, but turn into monsters at home. I always wonder if the teachers are talking about the right child when I go because the one they have at school is definately not the one I have at home!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your quilt is gorgeous and i love the quilting - I just wish I could either quilt myself or find an affordable quilter (of course I would have to make a few more quilts first!!!)

Great news about the boys' parents evening!

Lucy x

Charlie P said...

Another beautiful quilt! The colours you use are so bright and happy. I'm glad the school meeting went well :)

Lilly said...

What a great blog. My first time here and I am so glad I dropped in. Beautiful quilts and embroidery. I wonder if you would mind if I made the little bird stitchery. So Cute!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...