Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday ~ Maya's First Birthday Quilt

For Show and Tell today I have Maya's quilt that I made for her first birthday. I had bought the kit for the quilt on ebay when I was pregnant and was happily buying a secret stash of things for a girl.. well when you have three boys, who could have blamed me! I added a few fabrics from the stash to brighten it up, and had to give the little girl a dress with spots on too (just love spotty fabric). The pattern is called "Me and Ted" by the Chookshed Pattern Co. And yes, it was a rush to make it for her first birthday and get it back from the quilters in time.


I've been off to Ballarat Patchwork again this lunchtime, but I had a reason (excuse?). I'm doing the Lime and Soda quilt class this weekend and this is my stash for the quilt, plus a couple from my collection. Hopefully you will see the finished quilt in a show and tell coming soon.

And how about a visit to Lisa at Periwinkle Park. Her little boy is collecting stamps and looking for bloggers to send a postcard to 3 year old Milo. I've had a quick rummage through the recycling box so there will be a few Australian ones on the way.

Well, Maya has been busy while I have been typing and has pulled all the stickers off the fat quarters and has stuck them on her nose like a koala. Kids!

8 comments:

quiltdude said...

OOh I have that quilt all cut out and ready to sew, but haven't quite got round to doing it yet. Yours looks fantastic, think I'll go and dig mine out this afternoon.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

But did you take a photo of your "sticker-nosed-Koala"????

Love the quilt!

Lucy x

mellyandrosie said...

YAY - I am jealous of you going off to a class!! I keep wanting to do one but have never got around to it as I am not sure how to stay annonymous without looking sneaky. Love the fabrics you have picked out and I am sure it will be a stunning quilt!

Farmyard Crafts said...

That's beautiful! I really look forward to your Tuesdays!!

Kids and stickers!!! Jackson sticks the apple stickers on my cupboard doors... no idea why!

Anonymous said...

ooooooooh what yummy fabrics, look forward to seeing your creation soon. I love your R Quinlan quilt, what fabbie did you use for the redwork. Happy stitching

Bernadette said...

Oohh lucky you, I love that quilt! Your fabrics look gorgeous. If I wasn't going away this weekend I would call in and have a peek at all the quilts in progress. BTW that baby is just beautiful.

blueberrylane said...

I love that quilt, will look forward to seeing yours, it must be nice to pop to that lovely patchwork shop at lunchtime :)

periwinkle said...

That quilt is just lovely, thank you so much for putting a link on to my blog for Milo. that is just so kind
Lisa x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...