Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday ~ Redwork Stitchery

I'm sorry for a bit of a break in the Show and Tell Tuesday quilts. Today I am showing you what I am working on in the evenings in front of the tv, when the kids are asleep. So far this stitchery has taken me 4 evenings to stitch. I'm really enjoying sewing it, and it's the 5 block from the book Sunshine in my Pocket, by Bronwyn Hayes at Red Brolly. So whimsical and sweet!

Work is madness at the moment with World Environment Day on the 5 June. I am coordinating events throughout Australia plus one in New Zealand for corporate supporters. I have so many great crafty ideas going though my head though.... so many ideas...

Thank you for the very nice comments about the bag in my last post too. Yes, it is one of my designs that I am working on. And this is my 50th post! Thank you everyone who has commented and read my blog. You have made me really feel like part of a great crafty community. A giveaway soon.

Back to work, but hopefully some lovely things to show you soon x Rachel

11 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

love the stitchery and congrats on you 50th post.......the bloggy/crafty community is amazing for inspiration and motivation

quiltdude said...

I just love redwork, I have one on my wish list.

Lissa Jane said...

woohoo @ 50 posts!!!

I have that book, and I think it was one of the first things I bought at a craft fair many years ago when I got there, I all but pounced on it, I didn't know about Bronny Hayes then but I love love love this book, and one day, I might even make something from it! LOL

Lissa
who'd do hers redwork too, too darn lazy to change threads all the time! LOL

Jo Jo said...

Love your blog as always. Yes, you are right. I feel like I have made some friends with people that I have never met...and yet we have so many things in common. I would love to meet all the readers of my blog one day. How cool! Jo x

Linda said...

Congratulations on reaching 50 posts. Love the stitchery, but then I do love Bronwyn's designs. Very cute bag too, gorgoeus fabrics you used.

Farmyard Crafts said...

Congratulations on the 50th post!! That redwork is awesome! I'm hoping to start some new stitcheries soon.... see, I have a problem with not finishing things!! There's too many cool things to make....!! Am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

syko kajsa said...

Lovely stitchery! Bronwyn Hayes designs are so sweet!

Kitty said...

The stitchery is stunning. You are so clever. x

dottycookie said...

Congrats on 50, and good luck for the 5th!

Your redwork is beautiful.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I'm going to have to start sewing some of those designs - they look so lovely! Congratulations on 50 posts! It was well worth nagging you to get a blog! Lucy x

Christine said...

Well done on reaching 50 posts. Love the stitchery - redwork is a favourite of mine and I love anything by Bronwyn Hayes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...