Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sneaking, sneaking....

I hope I am not giving too much away, but here are a couple of sneak peeks of Lucy's Mini Quilt. All I need to do is finish sewing on the binding and stitching around the label - then its done... Hooray! Actually I have enjoyed making these mini quilts. They were fun to make and I used scraps so they were practically free. They made me think, do maths and resist making them into cushions so I didn't have to do the binding. And I like the (almost) finished results. I hope Lucy and Val do too!

It's been so cold here, around 8 degrees, so a good chance to do a bit of sewing. I managed to finish off these bunny bags for a gift. I used a simple stitches pattern by Hatched and Patched, just so cute.


I've pinned all the curves on my Lime and Soda quilt and sewn a few blocks. If I want to use my pins again I am going to have to get stitching. What a challenge there!

Well, Matt is another year older and for the next 2 months the same age as me. Ahhhh younger men.... I hope you all had a wonderful weekend x Rachel

9 comments:

Kitty said...

I'm sure Lucy and Val are going to LOVE their mini quilts - the sneaky peeks look gorgeous. x

Farmyard Crafts said...

Your little sneak peek looks great! I'm sure that they will LOVE what you've made for them. Isn't winter just awesome with snuggling up on the lounge with some sewing! I'm about to go do the same now! Thankfully it's not been 8 deg here yet... well - not while I'm awake anyways! Take care.

dottycookie said...

They look really lovely Rachel! I hope you're going to like the one I'm doing for you ... speaking of which, I need to go and snatch a few minutes on it right now!

Chookyblue...... said...

looking forward to seeing the mini quilt ........and the little bags are very cute..........

Jo Jo said...

Hi Rachel, well you have been busy! 8 degs I am shivering just thinking about it...Brrr!! I dont know how cold it is here tonight but the fire is on so inside is quite toasty. Well I have cleaned up this weekend but achieved nothing on the stitching front...my best laid plans just never work out of late. Oh well there is always this week. Jo

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Oh WOWWWWW! Those sneaky peeks are fantastic! I can't wait to see the whole thing! Hee hee, I'm sooooooooo lucky!!!!!

Happy Birthday Matt!

Lucy xxx

quiltdude said...

Those sneak peeks are looking rather fantastic, I wish I was Lucy, she's one lucky lady.
Love the bunny bags too.
Obviously the reason for the cold weather is so you can get your mini quilts done.....then the sun will shine again......I hope!
X Clare

periwinkle said...

There's nothing wrong with younger men - I've got one too :-). Looking forward to seeing the rest of the quilts and your bunny bags are cute. Milo has quite a selection of hats, glad you liked the outfit.
Lisa x

Ruth said...

Lovely sneaky peaks! Can't wait to see the finished product...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...