Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday and away!

Happy Sunday! Here's a bit of a sneak peek of the bag design I am working on. It's got some side pockets that are hard to see and a bit of stitching detail. Soon to have a fabric flower and a matching wallet. Well, soonish. (nice pic on the ironing board)

I have to apologise for the title of my last post. I had "cutting matt" instead of mat, and Matt said that it looked like he was in danger... I'm sure that no quilter would use their rotary cutter like that :)

And I know it's not excitingly crafty, but I thought my family in the UK might like to see this moth. Matt bought back a caterpillar from the nursery a while ago. We could hardly believe it when we found it had already turned into a moth - its a Coprosma Hawk Moth apparently. On the kitchen windowsill there is another sort of cocoon, so we will be watching that one too. Matt tooks some great pic's with my little camera - I didn't know it could do all of that. Yes, and Maya got to set it free.


I popped over to Jodie at Ric Rac's today on some secret business and saw the quilt that Monda Loves .. sent and her new toy, and all Jodie's craftiness. Oh, I could spend the week rummaging through Jodie's sewing room, Thanks Jodie!

9 comments:

Leeanne said...

Rach the bag is just gorgeous! Have you used a pattern for it or just made it up as you go?? I'm wanting to make my own nappy bag in that style, so any advice would be great! Oh and your daughter is soooo cute!!!

Kitty said...

That's a gorgeous bag. I really want to attempt to make myself a nice bag, but just don't know where to start. Did you follow a pattern?

That's a wonderful picture of the moth ... even if it does make me shiver - they're so ... flappy aren't they? :-O x

quiltdude said...

The bag is lovely, I really like the print fabric.
Moths make me go shivery too (Kitty) but they do look pretty from a distance.
x

dottycookie said...

What a lovely bag - the colours are stunning and not a combination I would have dared try. They look wonderful together.

Occasionally we see hummingbird hawkmoths here. I do love moths, but not the ones that eat my carpet!

periwinkle said...

Lovely bag, I like the chicken fabric. That is a great moth picture - I've never seen one like that before
Lisa x

Farmyard Crafts said...

Rachel... you are awesome! That bag is excellent!! I'm itching for you to release the pattern so we can all have bags that fit everything that we need to carry around!! (I'm assuming it's a pattern you've made?!) Maya is such a cutie!! She doesn't look like she shies (?) away from the camera either!!

Jodie said...

Rachel, you are welcome to come and rummage in my sewing room anytime !!!

Bloom said...

Fantastic bag, and that fabric is just brilliant isn't it? Please let us know what magazine it is in when it is published.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I'm very excited about the secret business!!!!! Your bag is so gorgeous too and that moth is amazing! Lucy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...