Friday, June 6, 2008

Ruth's Quilt ~ ticked off the list..

I'm so pleased. My quilt top is finished! Very bad pics with the lighting this time of night, but after it is quilted and bound I will take a nice one. The sewing machine is going away for a couple of days so we can get our dining table back. Our friend Lindsey and her daugher Katelyn are coming to stay, travelling up from Adelaide, about 8 hours away. I can't wait to see them!



I can't believe it has taken me so long to make "Ruths Quilt". I loved the Living the Dream book, designed by Leanne Beasley. as soon as I got my hands on it. This pattern is great too, as you can personalise your blocks. Kids names and the a little sampler of the date Matt and I managed to get married make this quilt even more special for me. EDIT - just fixed my link.. thanks SandyQuilts!

It's a long weekend - hooray. So ready for a bit of a break. And also nice for my sister Christine - Happy Birthday Chris!

17 comments:

Jodie said...

Rachel, it is beautiful.....you'll need to do one for each of the kids though !

the pesky bombolino said...

Hello! I just wanted to quickly stop by (as I'm at work!) and introduce myself... I'm your russian doll swap partner! I've been quickly hopping round your blog and have to say your work is just stunning, I'm so pleased to have been paired with you!

Candace said...

Isn't it amazing that some of the simple patterns are still some of the best. Your quilt was a surprise though, as I didn't see the embroidery until the second picture, and that really made it special. Beautiful and special.

SandyQuilts said...

Darling. Your URL has an error in it .. should be
http://leanneshouse.typepad.com/

Anita said...

Your finished quilt top is stunning. That is a quilt I would like to make too.

maree said...

Rachel Your Quilt is Lovely,Gorgeous fabrics...
cheers
maree

Jo Jo said...

Nice job Rachel. Enjoy your long weekend and spending time with friends...I will be doing the same! Jo x

Bernadette said...

Rachel your quilt is lovely. I also loved the one in your previous post, it's stunning I am feeling very tempted again!

Linda said...

Always such a good feeling when you can cross one off the list, looks terrific Rachel. Enjoy the long weekend.

Kitty said...

Happy birthday to your sister. That is one beautiful quilt. x

Lissa Jane said...

Oh Rach
you know you can't tick it off the list until its actually bound dont you petal?? LOL It took me about 6 months to finish this quilt.. but I dont do things the easy way.. bought the book at the quilt show, come home and MADE the top that weekend (after tracing it all off) then spent the next 6 months dragging it around to finish it! I love it and yours looks fantastic too.. didn't think of putting the kids names etc in it..
doh @ Lissa

Heather said...

That is awesome! I love it :D And congrats on finishing it. I've been really debating on buying the pattern for this quilt, and you are really making me want it now :D

anne said...

awesome, love the blue work, it looks fantastic. Enjoy your 3 day break. Happy stitching

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

It is absolutely fantastic!!!! I have a friend who started making that but had trouble with how to incorporate the stitcheries - I'm going to get her to look at yours so she can be re-inspired!

Annette said...

What a beautiful quilt. And I love your idea of personalizing it. I can tell this quilt will be a very special family treasure.

amandajean said...

that quilt is so amazing!!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I've been working on mine forever it seems. still not finished. Love yours!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...