Friday, June 20, 2008

Can you see the Kangaroos?

Happy Friday! I thought I would share a couple of pics from my trip to the Melbourne Wildlife Sanctuary. Victorian's who read the RACV magazine Royal Auto can see good pics and a story in the next issue.

In the pic with the wheelbarrow, the land in the background used to be a tennis court and cricket pitch and it has been allowed to return to bushland, and it is habitat to animals like these grey kangaroos that are playing "where's Wally" in the next pic.

The kangaroos are not in cages and they are not tamed but they are used to people, so this was as close as I was going to get!

I've finished another stitchery from the Sunshine in your Pocket book. 2 more large stitcheries and 6 little ones to go.

Tomorrow I'm off to meet Bernadette from the Quilting B to hand over two of my quilts to be machine quilted and too see what she is making at a class at Ballarat Patchwork. Well, after I iron them, measure them, buy the backing and batting and snip off a few ends .. is that what Jodie is talking about with "blog finishing"?

Only one more week of school before the holidays... and I have very tired little monkeys at the moment..

18 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

yep can see the kangaroo's!!! and the redwork is looking fabbo..

Say g'day to Bundy for me tomorrow and whatever she says about me, its all LIES...


Lissa

Dyan said...

I see the kangaroo!Your stitchery is so playfula and pretty. The flowers look so happy and the frog and snail look like the best of friends.
Dy

May Britt said...

The kangaroos are sooo cute. Wish I could se one alive too.
Love your stitchery. Got the book too and want to make someting from it some day.

Bernadette said...

Rachel that stitchery is so cute and very well executed! Kelly is loving your redwork and I can see her ending up buying that book too.

Alison Boon said...

I can see the 'roos. Love your stitching

Kelly said...

Yep. I'm very close to buying that book. I couldn't find a website that showed more then 4 of the sticheries. But i love every one you've done.

silverpebble said...

That little stitchery is beautiful - I love that froggy nursery rhyme and it's fab that he's riding a snail!

silverpebble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niki said...

Thank you bunches for joining my Just Us Quilters list. Please, kindly, add my button to your side bar. :) thank you. niki

Sammie said...

Rachel ..Jo from Home sweet home is staying with me in WA. She showed me your Blog and I was really impressed. I've just become a "Blogaholic". Loved the little pink Quilt with the butterflies on it it is really something special. Kerri (AKA)sammie

Kitty said...

yay! Real kangaroos - fab pictures. And as ever, your stitching is wonderful. x

periwinkle said...

i see kangaroos too, lovelt red stitchery - i remember that rhyme too :-)
lisa x

sewstylish said...

Yup I found them. I recently just saw some wally's on a class trip this week with my daughter. The baby was even sticking up out of the pouch very cute.

Jodie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodie said...

Sorry about the deleted comment - I seem to have forgotten how to spell. I popped in to BP today but didn't catch you. I did meet bernadette and she is just as lovely as I knew she would be.I'd love to see your quilts once they are done.

On My Verandah. said...

Hi rachel..your little Red Stitcheries are coming along nicely..looking forward to seeing them all together.
have a good weekend.
cheers
maree

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

How lovely to see the kangaroos - and your stitching is as gorgeous as ever! Lucyx

Kelly said...

I finally ordered Sunshine in your pocket today. I'm looking forward to meeting you and having a sewing day next month. I'd love to see your stitcheries in person. You'll have to teach me how to make it look so neat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...