Sunday, June 1, 2008

Flowers and finshing ...

Sundays are such busy days at our place. They seem all about getting ready for the week. I do lots of cooking so we can have a homemade soup for lunch and so Matt can have the leftovers for work, and all the baking for the kids lunchboxes. Housework and laundry, organising readers and library books and school and sports uniforms. Hardly ever time for sewing.

The kids went outside with Matt today and you wouldn't believe it was the first day of winter. It was sunny and nice, and the winter vegetables have been planted in the garden - a start anyway! The kids even managed to catch some tiny baby lizards in the garden out in the sun. I took one look at Ayden's school shoes and it was off to the shops we went. Teenage boys! They were totally wrecked. The problem is that he has less than 4 weeks left at school before he goes to King Island, off Tasmania for 10 weeks for school. All the year 9's go for a term. I'll write more about this when the reality really sets in....

I did make the flower for my bag on Saturday night, and I have been stealing moments to work on my lime and soda quilt, and look, the quilt top is done! Ahh, chain piecing ..... I thought to myself yesterday that there was no point sweeping the floor until I had finished sewing, and only 8 seams later the top was finished.

Matt went off to the enviornment awards presentatation, but he was not the overall winner for his category. A big national company won it for their improved water useage at the Ballarat manufactoring plant. Since his is a small business, an indigenous plant nursery and contracting business, not bad at all to be a finalist!

Well, back to the Sunday organising... have a great week!

10 comments:

Bernadette said...

Rachel I love your new bag I am so tempted to buy the assorted fat quarters from Aunty Cookie! The lime and soda quilt looks gorgeous and it's still on my to do list.
Go and have a look on my blog, I am having a giveaway!

Christine said...

Great quilt top. Love the flower you made for your bag, too. Happy stitching.

Annie said...

Your Lime and Soda quilt is looking fantastic. Congrats on being a finalist.

Candace said...

Congratulations to you for finishing your pretty top (I'm scared of round so I'm especially impressed), and to your husband for being a finalist.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your quilt top is gorgeous and I love your bag - congratulations to Matt on being a finalist - definitely a big achievement! I should be busying around today too but I don't think I've achieved anything yet except helping Dorothy with her sewing! Lucyx

periwinkle said...

Definately a busy day, what do you bake? Congrats to Matt for being a finalist, he should be very proud of himself and I love the tiger drawing. I've been taking driving lessons for over a year now so hopefully it shouldn't be too long!
Lisa x

theysaywordscanbleed said...

it's pretty!

Arlene,
Gig Harbor flowers

Farmyard Crafts said...

Your quilt is really cute! I love it! The flower on your bag is a lovely touch too. I'm amazed at the amount of sewing you actually get done... you always seem so busy!!

maree said...

Hi Rachel.saw your link on Farmyard Crafts blog so thought I'd pop in for a look,oh I do like your Lime & Soda Quilt, Great fabrics, Lovely blog will pop back again.
cheers
maree

Anne-Maree said...

WOW thats amazing I have the same fabric and templates to make that quilt. Looks fantastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...