Sunday, June 15, 2008

Grubs in the Garden..

It's been freezing here in Ballarat over the weekend. Not surprising really .. Ballarat is reknown for it! The boys have been kept pretty busy, swimming lessons at 9 am, then back home and a trip with Matt to the garden centre, with Maya too. Some of the winter vege seedings have been bought and planted in our tiered vegetable garden. The kids found heaps of huge worms under the composting straw and they are holding them in the pic. (nice action shot of Matt too...) The garden centre gave them all these blue beanies as part of some promotion and for being good little monkeys.

Maya was a bit worried about her grubby paws..


I bought the kids this french knitting bee with a pom pom maker and a bag of craft wool at Big W today. All the kids have had a go and they are so pleased with themselves, well, Maya's go was a bit of a disaster but easily fixed. Kane said that I hadn't had a pic of him on the computer for ages, so a nice posing shot of him.

I've done some chain piecing for the setting blocks for the star quilt along while the kids were busy. No, I'm not finished.... getting as far as I can with stolen moments.

8 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

What lovely photos of the children! It really does look rather chilly though! Hope you have had a lovely Sunday too! Lucy xx

Bernadette said...

What cuties they look in their little blue beanies! I remember doing that french knitting when I was young!

dottycookie said...

Oh, such cute little hats on such cute little people! It does look flippin' cold there though ...

Farmyard Crafts said...

Chain piecing blocks? I think I'm going to need your guidance!! They look great!! Ooey gooey worms. Love their beanies!

Kitty said...

Gosh your french knitting went much better than ours. No.1 and I tried for ages, but ended up with a tangled mess. It wasn't pretty.

Those blue hats are fabulous!

x

Niki said...

You are welcome to come join us quilters on my new just us quilters blog. Get listed! http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
We'd love 2 have you. Hugs! Niki

Dyan said...

What a cute little troupe of monkeys, they look like their having so much fun playing around in nature.
Dy

periwinkle said...

I used to love playing with worms , sorry helping my dad in the garden when I was younger. I so nearly bought one of those french knitting things the other day but I thought he might be a bit young - I might go back and get it now
Lisa x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...