Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pretty things..

Happy World Environment Day! Phew, its been a big lead up, but hopefully I have a few happy corporate supporters out there for work. I went to a local event to help host today, a big barbecue and lost of smiling for people, local paper, handshakes and all of that.

Look what else made me smile! Jo's package arrived from my win on her blog, these "bling for your pins". I just love spots and dots, 1950's polkadot Dianaware is my very favorite collectable, so how could I resist picking a spotted cup, and a sweet cupcake. Thanks again Jo!


Maree emailed me to see how I was going on our challenge to make Crazy Mom Quilts star quiltalong. I've got the white fabric out, I found and dragged out some very crumpled "faded memories" fabric I had stashed way and bought the white thread. I'm not going to start sewing it until I have finished Ruth's Quilt (with the cream thread). 4 rows to go!

I also remembered another quilt I have on the go in Hannah Bella fabric that I forgot to mention... that needs white thread too so I'll work on that at the same time. Maya was nearly called Bella, we changed our mind on the way to hospital to be induced, so I had stockpiled a heap of this pretty fabric to make her a quilt. Since she is 3 in September I had better get onto it... x Rachel

5 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

Looks good Rachel!!! I might do more tonight.... :) At least you're dedicated to finishing some other projects... I just ditch everything else and start something new!!!!! It's a little problem I have!!

Nic said...

What a lucky girl you are !

maree said...

congrats on winning those Gorgeous Pins,looking forward to seeing your challenge.
cheers
maree

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I'm just in awe of how many gorgeous quilts you are able to make! Can't wait to see your Ruth's quilt top! Lucy x

Farmyard Crafts said...

I meant to say... cute pins too. It's a good feeling... winning something!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...