Sunday, June 8, 2008

Seeing Stars..

I managed a bit of unexpected sewing time on Saturday and didn't I take advantage of it! Three of the stars were made up from the Crazy Mom Quilts star quiltalong and a fourth today. It was good to test my accuracy and I have to admit that one piece was unpicked twice before I realised that a triagle had been stretched and needed a very careful bit of a trim to reshape it. Now I have made four blocks I can give some advice if you are doing it too - pin your blocks and mark the half points by folding and pinning where you can! It makes life a lot easier... shame the kids have magnetised my pins and its a struggle to seperate them!


And Lucy emailed that her mini quilt is there. So here is a pic! I can't wait to see it on Lucy's wall.

Linz and Katie can't make it until tomorrow, lots of cupcakes have been made and sausage rolls on the to-do list. I hope your weekend has been fantastic! x Rachel

12 comments:

quiltdude said...

The mini quilt for Lucy is absolutely adorable. I love it and I know she will too.
X Clare

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I love my mini quilt sooooooooo much! Your stitches are incredibly tiny and accurate - I could probably fit about four of them into every one of mine! How do you do it so well????

Candace said...

Your blocks are so pretty and delicate, and the little quilt is adorable. Lucky Lucy.

Annie said...

That Lucy Lockett quilt is AMAZING. I can't wait to see her wall growing.

Linda said...

Very pretty star blocks, those bias edges can be a pain if your not careful. Love the little mini, too cute.

Kitty said...

Oh wow Rachel - now I understand why Jodie said Lucy would pee herself. That is amazingly detailed and just gorgeous.

x

Farmyard Crafts said...

Now you have me scared!! Your blocks look good. Shall try and see if I can get to some more today!! I'm sewing all the blocks together for Little Macca's Farm... not going together quite like it should... spent an hour unpicking yesterday. Oops!!!

periwinkle said...

Good luck with the rest of your blocks, Lucy's quilt is lovely
Lisa x

Charlie P said...

Oh wow, that quilt for Lucy is gorgeous! Really great colours and impressive stitching :)

Anne-Maree said...

Love the quilt. Beautiful colors. I have 3 star blocks to catch up on!!!!
Cup cakes and sausage rolls!!What time and what's your address?

maree said...

Your Stars are coming along nicely,looking forward to seeing them all go together.....sounds like a nice day with cupcakes & sausage rolls on the menu....hope it was good.
cheers
maree

Ruth said...

I love the mini quilt! Lovely :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...