Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sewing for Swaps

All of my sewing this weekend has been working on my swap projects. These area sneak peek of bits and pieces from both of my swaps, the russian doll swap with I'm a Ginger Monkey and the cupcake swap with Rachael Rabbit. The table is covered with these projects, but I am more organised than I look. Getting there. :)

Thanks for all the nice comments about Ayden's adventure. He is really excited and we have been spending like mad. I thought I had read all the info, but I mustn't have taken it all in. Matt read out that he needed his bike helmet, $40 for the end of experience crayfish and $20 for the cheese allowance... I guess the last two are presents to take home. I hope they are presents to take home. Matt bought him a heap from at outdoor store today, and we hit Myer and Target yesterday. The kids travel to the Island in a light plane and have a 20kg luggage limit not including the weight of their laptops. Honestly, I don't know how it will all fit in.

Well, to distract myself I have signed up for another cupcake swap over at Red Geranium Cottage. Check out Rachael Rabbits cute cupcake tutorial too if you are feeling crafty. I've put these on the to-do list with the boys while they are on holiday

Thanks too for all the comments on the giveaway. I've got heaps of great new blogs to visit! I hope you all had a great weekend x Rachel

11 comments:

debbie said...

Hi Rachel, 20kgs for 10 weeks, Good Luck.My girls are going to Sydney for World Youth Day and were told for every kg over 20 they will be charged $10... At least you have boys they don't need so much. Looks like you are busy sewing, shame you haven't a sewing room. I used to sew on the kitchen table, but couldn't be bother to clear it.Good luck.

Kitty said...

Weight allowances make life difficult, don't they?

Those fabrics and trimmings look delicious - can't wait to see the resulting crafts. x

the pesky bombolino said...

I feel like a naughty child taking a peek at my christmas presents- how exciting!

Bernadette said...

those russian dolls peeking out look so cute! Love the fabric I can't wait to see what you do with it.

thetinylittlegirl said...

ooh all those supplies look promising :-)

Maree said...

boy camps can be costly....love your fabrics & bits looking forward to seeing the end results.
happy stitching
maree

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your sewing supplies look gorgeous and I love the peeks of your Russian doll stitchery!

There is always so much organising to do before a school trip and Ayden's is a full scale expedition!!

I've had a new plan for your mini quilt and I'm much happier with it - it's definitely more "you"!

Katy said...

oh those swap wips look great!

cheese allowance? crayfish experience? I have visions of you ending up with a lovely gift of a whiffy old piece of cheese, and wiggly armed crayfish in a jar. Great!!!

SewAmy said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE it. I will be back.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love all those colors together.

Lesley said...

Oh my word - how do you pack for 10 weeks? Weight allowance or not, I would struggle!!!

Your sewing looks like it's going to be lovely - looking forward to seeing then end result.


xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...