Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday ~ Wuthering Heights

This weeks Show and Tell is a quilt pattern designed by Miss Rosies Quilt Co, called Elizabeth. I just love this Wuthering Heights fabric and I am very sentimental about 3 sisters, being the eldest of three sisters myself. I thought this pattern would be a good challenge for me, but really it was very achievable and not as tricky as I thought. It was so windy outside when I took this pic that I had to tie the clothesline to the passionfruit support wires!


I must be feeling like I am getting on top of the sewing because I have signed up for Katy's Russian Doll Swap and tried to encourage Maree to do the Star Quilt quiltalong after seeing it on Carey's blog. I have a few metres of freshly washed white cotton on the washing line - shame I forgot that I have no white thread though!

There are only 5 rows to go on my Ruth's Quilt from Leanne Beasleys "Living the Dream" to go. Has anyone had this quilt machine quilted? I'm not sure whether to go edge to edge over the embroidery or not.

Check out the giveaway at the Quilting B - Bernadette is giving away $100 of machine quilting for first prize, and a fabric stash for second. WOW!

And the finished stitchery from last week!

20 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Beautiful quilt..........loved that range and scored some for free when a lady sent the wrong order from the states and told me to keep it...........

blueberrylane said...

Love Wuthering heights, I have 2 quilts in it... your Lime and Soda quilt top looks great. You are very organised achieving all you do !

Nic said...

Your Elizabeth quilt is gorgeous Rachel. You really are very productive.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your quilt is stunning! I wish I had a fraction of your talent and productivity! I'm even more scared of making you a mini quilt now!!! Lucy xx

Chocolate Cat said...

Just love that quilt, it is gorgeous.

Lissa Jane said...

Yep quilt looks great Rach..
I have made Ruths quilt (its called Lissa's quilt in this house) I had it professionally quilted, in a very large stipple, I wasn't happy when I picked it up but it works OK with the embroidery.. I can take pics if you'd like.. mine is done in 'gingham roses' range lots of yellows reds and pinks and green.. I love it..


Lissa
PS email if you want some close up pics of the quilting across the stitcheries..

maree said...

OH!! Rachel your quilt looks Gorgeous,I have some of these fabrics in my stash.......just Beautiful.
cheers
maree

Rachael Rabbit said...

Hi Rachel - I just found your blog and it is lovely :-) You have made such beautiful things!

Candace said...

The quilt is just beautiful, and as usual makes me want to make one, also. It's a shame that we can't make everything we see that we like.
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Tabitha was very lucky to get to pet the penguin.

Charlie P said...

That's a really cute stitchery and a SERIOUSLY beautiful quilt. Is the quilting done by hand? I'm always amazed by people who can make actual bed-sized quilts.

quiltdude said...

What a gorgeous quilt, you must have such patience to make big quilts, I'm happier with small ones.
i#I adore your red work stitchery, I just love the contrast of red on white.

Ruth said...

Oh! I *LOVE* your Elizabeth quilt!!!
It's gorgeous!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Very pretty quilts.... how's your star quilt along going!?!? ;) I'm sick of cutting out! I've got one block sewn and the other five cut out ready to go!! I'm up waiting for washing to finish... should sew now... but can't be bothered!!

Kitty said...

Oh wow - that is one of the most beautiful quilts ever - I love the fabrics.

Your little stitcheries are so pretty.

Just off to check out The quilting B now - thanks for the tip off! x

periwinkle said...

Lovely quilt and I like the red stitchery too
Lisa x

Anne-Maree said...

Love your quilt. You have done a beautiful job. It is such a beautiful range of fabric.

Jo Jo said...

I have some of the wuthering heights fabric as well. Not sure what I am going to do with it though...it does need to be special. The quilt is gorgeous! Jo x

Bloom said...

Hi Rachel. Your Elizabeth quilt is just stunning. I have a Wuthering Heights quilt half finished in the cupboard. I really wish I had used this pattern for the fabric. I am a huge fan of 3 Sisters fabrics. There has barely been a range I haven't loved. Have a great weekend. Hope you get some time to stitch.

sprucer said...

Beautiful work. I'm looking for a yard of the blue/green that is in the middle of your stars. Do you know where I could find it.

thank you,

Maureen Taylor

sprucer said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm looking for the fabric that you used in the middle of the stars. Do you know where I could find some.

thank you,

Maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...