Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday's catch up..

Up to date with the star quilt along. I hadn't used the sewing machine for over a week, so as soon as Matt left to go to his mates house on Saturday night, I finished off the last of the setting blocks and whipped up the last star. Big, very pleased with myself sigh!


On Saturday I met Bernadette from the Quilting B, who what just as lovely as I expected her to be. And look what Bernadette had for me! A pincushion and a bag tidier. I had never seen one before but I am so pleased with it. I've popped a few buttons and bits to show the little compartments, but I will be just perfect for me as I am always swapping bags and popping things into my laptop pockets. There was also some Faded Memories fabric that I begged from Bernadette to help on one of my projects. Thank you so much Bernadette!

I've also left 2 of my quilts with Bernadette to be machine quilted. Can't wait to see how they turn out :) .. but then I have to bind them don't I...

Callum had his grade 2 class mascot, Taz the Tassie Devil home for the weekend. He has been carted to swimming lessons, been photographed in every room of the house and had a few adventures outside. I let the kids go with the camera, so here is Taz meeting Buddy our rabbit and a cute pic with Maya. Don't kids take great pics!


I've finally finished drawing up my design for the I'm a Ginger Monkey Russian Doll swap. I was struggling with it a bit because of the fabric I had chosen. It's great fabric but I just couldn't get it right in my head. I ended up taking some dmc threads across to Ballarat Patchwork and showing Emma what I had, and she then took me over to fabric that matched my thread, and was more in my style. Now I am happy! So happy that I have even joined Rachael Rabbits Cupcake and Tea swap. Who would have thought that July is the busiest time for me at work for me?

I hope it was a great weekend for everyone!

8 comments:

Annie said...

I love the bag organiser and sorry to miss you at Ballarat Patchwork on Saturday. I almost went back in the afternoon

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I wish I could have come and met you at Ballarat Patchwork too!!!

Great photo of Maya by the way!

And lovely goodies too!

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Lucy xxx

mellyandrosie said...

You know us busy people, like to make things even busier!! What is that saying about if you want something done ask a busy person? Something like that but we do it to ourselves and wouldnt have it any other way!! Loving that star quilt!!

Bernadette said...

It was lovely to meeet you too Rachel! The star blocks look so pretty I still would love to make that quilt it looks so lovely and antique. Wow it's a wonder that tassie devil doesn't scare the wits out of the littlies but obviously not Maya! Very cute photo of her.

Melissa Goodsell said...

I really love the star blocks...they are so pretty.
Mel

Jo Jo said...

Hi Rach, Love your little gifts...lucky girl. The picture of your little one is so cute. The star blocks are looking great as well. Jo x

Maree said...

Rachel your star quilt is looking lovely,I do love the fabrics...what a lovely gift you got from Bernadette....not sure about the mascot!!!
cheers

Charlie P said...

Aww, I love that picture of Maya and Taz and Buddy is so sweet too! I'm looking forward to seeing Bernadette's quilting on your quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...