Sunday, July 27, 2008

A bit of stitching on Sunday..

I really appreciate it when I get to do a bit of sewing on a Sunday. Saturday was just mad with the Kane having two parties to go to, swimming lessons and haircuts all booked and an unexpected visit from Matt's cousin in the evening. I started putting the binding on my Lime and Soda quilt at 11 pm.

Last week I started this star but my sewing machine wasn't happy and version 1 ended up in the compost. A clean and a new set of needles and it seems to be going better. Hooray! The last star for the quiltalong is cut out on the dining table ready to go when a few minutes are free and there are a few half done pinwheel blocks too.

Ayden rang tonight and said they are learning to surf every Wednesday and his cooking is going well. I guess teenage boys will eat anything.... A five day hike starts on Friday so no weekend call next week.

I hope you had a great weekend and see you for Show and Tell on Tuesday!

7 comments:

anne said...

wow you have been busy. I am glad you heard from your son and he is enjoying himself. Look forward to show an tell, maybe another redwork, please please. Happy stitching

Catherine said...

Love you very pretty and colourful pin wheels Rachel!!! What are you going to make with them?..Cathyxx

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your pinwheels are gorgeous! And it sounds like Ayden is having a wonderful time! Lucy x

Kitty said...

I LOVE those pinwheels! So pretty. Glad to hear Ayden is having a good time. x

Maree said...

Your blocks are looking Great Rachel..looking forward to seeing them all together....glad to hear your son is having a good time.
cheers
maree

The Quilt Buddy said...

I can't wait to see your version of the quilt-along! You colorful pinwheels are too cute!

Can't wait for show and tell!

Rae said...

Your pinwheels look great! Very nice colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...