Thursday, July 10, 2008

Meet the Elephants and more...

Guess where I have been!

Well, first I have been visiting Lynette's blog to download the Elephants. I just love these ones. I've decided not to add the borders for the time being and add them at the end. My fabrics have ended up very dots and spots and I think for the best look I might be better holding off until they are all stitched.

Then to see Jodie, who is calling herself Mrs Big-Head today... but isn't she just so clever, and Annie too. Lots of show and tell, and I came back with more fabric than I went with. What a good start. I took my redwork to show, and some other stitching, and my project for the Russian Doll swap. I haven't laughed so much in ages and Annie and Jodie sure are clever crafty cookies!

A lesson in Gocco too, and just look what fell into my bag. Lucky, lucky me!

12 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Annie and Jodie are just such fun......I had the best day in Melourne with them and Tracey (Oz Quilting Mum)

Bernadette said...

Lucky you Rachel spending a crafty day with Jodie and Annie!!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Oh how I wish I'd been there too! What lovely goodies as well! Can we just get Australia to move a bit closer to England please? Lucy xx

Charlie P said...

Ooh, you got a Jodie bird! Lucky thing :)

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Rachel! Popped in from Lynette Anderson's blog to peek at your elephants - they look great! I was pleased with how mine came up too, tho couldn't resist adding a few 'extra' bits!! Love your redwork, too! I have a quilt 3/4 finished that features nine of Bronwyn's lady designs (cooking, sewing, gardening etc) and I've done the stitcheries in a slightly darker red than you've worked with. I just have to get motivated to put the last border on!! It's on "THE LIST" ! Tee! Hee! Hee! Have a great day! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Annie said...

Great to get together the other day Rachael and have some laughs. Just LOVED your red work and those little blue birds of Jodies. Must stitch mine up today in readiness for her pattern kits!!!!

Maree said...

your elephants are coming along nicely Rachel, mine are still naked best get them covered up.
cheers
maree

Guute said...

Hi Rachel, you have a lovely blog. I like the things you make. Your redwork is magnificent. My name is Guute and I live in Belgium. I love stitchery too. Bye!

Susan said...

Good work on your elephants...aren't they fun to do?!
Stopped by from Lynette's to say hullo.

Jodie said...

It was heaps of fun rachel - I think we have to do it at LEAST every holidays !! maybe bernadette could join us to?

Tracy said...

Love the elephants! And such fun to catch up on your posts now we're back from holiday. We had FAB time in London! Now resting travel-weary feet and doing lots of laundry--LOL! Happy weekend ((HUGS))

Katy said...

oooh, the Jodie bird is so cute!!! LOVE it (and am ever so slightly jealous!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...