Thursday, July 24, 2008

Show and Tell Thursday.. Christmas Stitching

Some Christmas Stitching for Show and Tell today. I know its Thursday, but when I saw that Anne was making this Christmas table runner, I offered to post a pic of mine. I made this one maybe three years ago and its a great size for piling lots of plates and decorations on. Both of these projects are designed by Hatched and Patched. Cute! Have a look how Anne is going with her stitching.
I don't do alot of Christmas sewing for us, just little crafts that I can do with kids when they are on holidays, but I do make a heap of these little drawstring bags. They are just perfect for filling and giving to the kids teachers and carers. I didn't manage to give away this pink spotted one last year. It mine!

10 comments:

Maree said...

Hi Rachel...love your xmas stitchery looks lovely, popped on over & said HI to Anne.
happy stitcing
maree

quiltdude said...

Your xmas stitchery is fab. Did you make the pattern for the drawstring bags? They are cute.
Clare x

anne said...

Awesome as always, mmmmmm will have to get on with mine. Happy Stitching

Nic said...

Your Christmas table runner is great Rachel. July seems to be the time we start thinking about Christmas. Hmmmm only 154 days to go.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your runner is lovely and that little bag is fab - I'm not surprised you wanted to keep it! Lucy x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your draw string bag - looks great - and good for the environment too! I am looking for a take a long project to do while waiting for the kids when picking them up from thier activities - this would be perfect!

our shabby cottage said...

Hi Rachel, yes it's interesting with the secret swap! I guess it's a good way to get us out of our comfort zones too and try something a little different.
I love your drawstring bags for Christmas. It's a great idea and something that can be recycled too.
Have fun choosing your colours for the bag swap!! Kathryn.

The Quilt Buddy said...

I love the drawstring bag! What a cute idea! Do you have a pattern for it?

Thanks for sharing!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the stitchery and that little bag is toooooo cute.

Christine said...

Cool tablerunner and I can see why you kept the bag for you. Lovely. I really like the cupcake bunny too. So many lovely things to look at.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...