Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday.. Bears with sticky out ears..

I've been a bit unwell and didn't manage to get the binding put on the Lime and Soda quilt for Show and Tell... so I grabbed this little mini quilt of Kane's to show you. Looking at it now, it's a good example of how my sewing skills have improved over the last 6 years, but it is still cute and very well loved. I used a pattern by Debbie Mumm called "Bow Tie Bears". I really do like silly little things, and the bears ears did it for me on this quilt. The are sort of 3d and can move around and stick out, great for little kids to play with and a bit of whimsy for me.


And my last star from the quiltalong is done! I've still need to make the last two borders and sew all the blocks together, but it has been great to make something different.

Well, back to work, then a bit more binding x Rachel

8 comments:

Christine said...

I love tnose ears too. Very cute.

Farmyard Crafts said...

I think the ears add an extra dimension! Very cute! Hope that you're feeling loads better today. You have binding to do and pictures to take and blogs to write!!

silverpebble said...

Sorry you've not been feeling well. It can really put a dampener on creativity can't it?

Those bears are so lovely! What a magic little quilt!

Maree said...

Love the fabric in your Star Rachel just lovely...looking forward to seeing them all together.
happy stitching
maree

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I think your little quilt is adorable. Love the current blocks you are working on as well.

Annie said...

Very cute teddies! I think you are a "machine" Rachael. Did I see Lime and Soda on Bernadette's blog?? It looked GREAT. Loving the book - thanks for the drop off. Keep forgetting the parcel for Jod - will pass on Thursday.

Kelly said...

I just adore the ears on the bear quilt... \

Rachael Rabbit said...

The bear quilt is simply gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...