Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday .. More Redwork

For Show and Tell Tuesday I am being very slack again. I've got a fair bit of work to finish off before a day off tomorrow to do some crafting. The good news is that I finished off my second last redwork block last night and here it is! I've also made a good start on the elephants from Lynette Andersons block of the month. (sorry, the quick pic is a bit wonky)

I thought that I might also show you what inspired me to make all the Sunshine in your Pocket stitcheries as redwork. I saw this little quilt on the back of Bronwyn Hayes Cotton Country book drapped in the corner and I loved it! I've taken a pic so you can see. I emailed Bronwyn to see if there was a pattern for it, but sadly not and the quilt was lost after it was loaned to someone for a show. I couldn't even get a photo of the quilt to work from.



I'll have to see what I can work out when I am rummaging through the stash looking for fabric for butterflies!

10 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I love your redwork - such a shame about Bronwyn's quilt though!

I bet you are looking forward to your day of crafting!

Lucy x

OzRose said...

Lovely work Rachel :) Look forward to seeing the completed quilt :)))

Kitty said...

You stitching is just wonderful! x

Bernadette said...

Just lovely as usual Rachel, you manage to get lots of stitching done, and all that satin stitch!!

Maree said...

Your Redwork is looking Lovely, hope you enjoy your craft day today.

anne said...

Beautiful redwork, look forward to the finished quilt. How could someone misplace Bronwyn's quilt........... how unfair. Happy stitching.

Jo Jo said...

What a gorgeous stitchery Rachel. You have been bust with your other blocks too. Jo x

our shabby cottage said...

Hi Rachel,
It was total bliss - they are back this morning! I am looking forward to seeing them. I love the red work. I'm no embroiderer. All of my family seems to be. Maybe I got the sewing gene instead of the embroidery gene???
:) Kathryn.

Lissa Jane said...

Rachel
I have the christine book pattern you are talking about, please email me privately!
Thamk you so much for the parcel I got in the mail on Monday, I been sick in bed since then and have had to elbow the ferals off the computer to be able to use it! thank you so much!!!!



Lissa

amandajean said...

wow...your redwork is stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...