Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday ~ My first stitchery quilt


For Show and Tell Tuesday, I have have dragged out my first stitchery quilt that I started in 2003. This is the only quilt I have made as a block of the month through a quilting shop, and it came from Candleberry Country in Yarragon. It is called "Pleasures of the Garden" by Viv Robinson (I think..). The original is stitched in a more naive, or prim style, but I neatened it up, couldn't help myself!


It is interesting to look back at, because now I would not stitch on calico, or use black dmc thread. It was a great learning curve for me, and now I am a stitcher rather than a quilter. I have fixed up my messed up star block in the last post too!

Ayden left this morning, and I haven't felt like myself all day. He was fine .. hoped on the bus to the airport with his mates, but he looked so young and blond next to all the other boys who are just that bit older. What I would give for a phone call or text or email to know he made it there safe and the flight was good. Phone calls on Sunday to look forward to.

14 comments:

Jodie said...

He is probably having one of the most exciting days ever. I'm sure tonight when he is all settled in he'll be thinking of you.

anne said...

Wow love the quilt. What do you use instead of calico now and what is your favourite thread to redwork with? Love your stitching. Remember, no news is good news. I am sure your son is safe and having a wonderful time. A wonderful memory for him to look back on and a great life experience. Keep busy and time will will pass quickly. Happy Stitching.

Maree said...

Your stitchery looks lovely Rachel, I'm sure your son is having a great time,but know how you are feeling.
happy stitching
maree

Chookyblue...... said...

looks good and things do change as we go along...........

Cara said...

Love your stitchery quilt! Lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Ayden will have a fantastic time but I can imagine how miserable you are feeling! Don't worry he'll be back before you know it and it is such an amazing opportunity for him.

Sending you an extra big hug. Lucy xxx

dottycookie said...

It's a lovely quilt!

I'm sure Ayden's having the time of his life, but hugs to you - I am not looking forward to mine being big enough to go off without me :-(

Carin said...

Your stitchery is amazing!! I love this quilt! Beautiful.

ozjane said...

Love that quilt and love that shop. Last time I went past it was too late...on way home from LE and Bairnsdale and stopped for dinner at the pub. So window shopped.
Givaway at
http://five-minutes-of-fame.blogspot.com/

periwinkle said...

your stiching is just lovely. He'll be having a great time I'm sure
lisa x

Annie said...

Loved your stitching quilt. Enlighten me on the black thread and the calico, as I am a quilter and don't quite understand.

monda-loves said...

Your stitchery quilt is lovely - and so much work has gone into it too, You must be so pleased with it.

Monda
x

Lesley said...

Your stitchery quilt is beautiful!!

I should think Ayden is having the best time and will have so much to tell you on Sunday. I know exactly how you're feeling and mine have only ever been away for a day!!!

xxx

SewAmy said...

love you stitchery quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...