Friday, July 25, 2008

Stashbusting Butterflies Update

I thought I might give a bit of an update on how my stashbusting butterflies are going. I've sewn together the 2o background blocks with their 8 thin log cabin strips and ironed on some of the butterflies. On the ironing board is a container with bits of butterflies thatI can work on when I have a minute. Some of the shapes have been appliqued and when they are all done, I'll stitch on the antennas. I'm using up heaps of scraps. 6 of the 109 pinwheel blocks for the border have been made, and I've cut out some of the squares to make more.

Slowly getting there. The boys have been cutting the "ears" off the pinwheel blocks for me. The pattern is called The Butterfly Collector by Lynette Anderson Designs.

In my last post, I've had a few questions about the drawstring bag. Its a pattern called Santa's Helper and available here from Hatched and Patched. It is part of their Simple Stitches range and I have the bunny one too. The pattern gives details to make it into a bag, cushion or a wallhanging. Another great way to use up your scraps!

Have a great weekend all! We will be running kids all over the place tomorrow. Bernadette has finished quilting my Ruth's Quilt and Lime and Soda Quilt too so maybe time for a bit of binding for me too.

15 comments:

Nic said...

Your butterflies look very pretty Rachel. Your scrap bag must be full of the prettiest fabrics for sure.

Maree said...

Hi Rachel...your Butterflies are looking lovely,nice fabrics in it,is this for Maya.
have a good weekend & hope you get time to stitch.
cheers
maree

our shabby cottage said...

This looks gorgeous Rachel. I love it! Your scrap pile sounds like mine. I nearly have a huge spotlight bag full of the stuff!Hope you have a great weekend.
Kathryn.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your quilt is gorgeous Rachel - I just love how you put colours together - so pretty! Have a lovely weekend. Lucy x

Tracy said...

Your quilting never fails to amaze and inpsire, Rachel! This quilt is such a happy, pretty one...such harmony in fabric selection and pattern. The tin log cabin is a nice variation. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Happy weekend to you & yours ((HUGS))

Charlie P said...

Aww, those butterflies are so pretty- what a great way of using up fabric scraps. I'm looking forward to seeing your Ruth and Lime and Soda quilts post-quilting :)

silverpebble said...

That butterfly quilt is really breathtaking. The 'butterfly collector' though - I expect your butterflies have just landed for a rest rather than anything else?? I think I need to go on a quilting course - there's so many beautiful quilts out there on everyone's blogs. It's inspiring.

Kitty said...

Wow! Those butterflies are gorgeous! Can't wait to see it finished. x

quiltdude said...

Wow, your quilt is stunning, what a beautiful way to use up all your tiny treasured pieces.
Thanks for the link to the bag pattern.
X Clare

Jodie said...

Rachel - You have done so much with those butterflies - awesome progress they look great.

Janette said...

Love the butterflies!!
The stitcheries are great too.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your butterflies are so pretty.

Farmyard Crafts said...

Hey Rachel! Hope that Ayden is going along well!! Sounds like he's having a great time already!! The butterflies look great! I LOVE buttonhole stitching! Can't wait to see pics of your newly quilted quilts... all bound and ready to display!! Hope you're well. Shall catch up later! Man oh man.. I'm so behind on the star quilt blocks!!!

dottycookie said...

Oh, I love those butterflies. The finished quilt is going to be amazing.

Christine said...

Lovely butterfly quilt. I was lucky enough to see Lynette's original earlier this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...