Friday, August 8, 2008

I heart scraps ...

I've just taken the poor sewing machine out of hibernation. For the last two weeks the only use it has had is making and sewing on some binding. It didn't even make it to the dining table until today. Tragic!

Last night I bought out some scraps and started making my swap gift for Jen for the Red Geranium Cottage Cupcake Swap. Here's a little sneak peek, but it will look very different soon! It was great getting out my scraps again and having a play with different colours, and getting a few project ideas sorted in my head. I'll be doing a bit of hand quilting on this project tonight...

Also last night I went to 7 year old Callum music presentation. All the Grade 2's showing their skills on violins, cello's and recorders. Terrible, terrible me was not looking forward to it all! I didn't show it .. Callum didn't realise and I went. But honestly, it warms the heart to see all those little kids concentrating on those tricky instruments. The cello was almost as big as Callum!

Have a great weekend all! We are expecting 7 degrees on Sunday - perfect for stitching and kids crafts x Rachel

8 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

You know Rachel, i love playing with my scraps too!!! have a great weekend, Kathryn.

Maree said...

Nice scraps looking forward to seeing what you make with them
have a good weekend
cheers
maree

trashalou said...

My observation of dedication was at a children's concert A 7 yo had three false starts on her flute solo and even the accompaniest was ready to give up but the girl took a deep breath and gave it another go and WHAM! She nailed it. How about that for a sense of purpose?

Stina said...

This is looking good...love to see more... ;o)

silverpebble said...

I'm so behind with your posts! Still setting up Google Reader.

Gorgeous scraps! The more I read all the lovely blogs about sewing the more I want a sewing machine! I suspect that soon my pliers will be neglected.

What a gorgeous cupcake parcel in the last post too.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Can't wait to see what you put together with those lovely fabric pieces.

Farmyard Crafts said...

Hello! :) Make sure you visit here... soon..... :)

www.farmyardcrafts.blogspot.com

Maree.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Those scraps look glorious! Can't wait to see what you make with them - the colours are so "you"! Lucy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...