Sunday, August 24, 2008

Revealing ... Russian Doll Swap!

Sarah from the Pesky Bombobino has opened her packaged from the I'm a Ginger Monkey Russian Doll Swap, so I can do the big reveal. I really enjoyed the sewing for this swap, and this is what I made - a little bag with a pocket just for the dollies, and three little Russian Nesting Dolls to match. The top is threaded with red ribbon, like a drawstring, so it can be gathered (or not) and tied in a bow.

I'm checking the letter box for Sarah's package now. I just can't wait, and I admit I was pretty nervous sewing for Sarah, as her work is just so beautiful and creative. The next photo is Sarah's too - much nicer than mine!


Check back in a couple of days and I will have the pdf to download of the stitchery dolls pattern.

Callum is off on his first camp tomorrow - only two kids at home, we won't know ourselves! Three days away camping for Callum and he can't wait. A night hike, and on the way back a visit to the school that the Grade 2's are penpals with. A big birthday party coming up for Kane next weekend too. How exciting!

14 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

Rachel... the bag and Russian dolls are gorgeous! You should give yourself more credit! I've had a star quilt along disaster! Am frustrated so am going to pack it up for a bit!

silverpebble said...

The bag and little dolly you made are so lovely! The expression is very friendly and I love the design and little buttins. Rather envious there!

silverpebble said...

Buttons! My typing has to be FAST in between looking after the tinies.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow great present and I am sure it is beautiful..........

the pesky bombolino said...

You're making me blush! But how funny... I felt more pressure with this swap because your work is so beautiful!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love those gorgeous Russian dolls - such a lovely design! Your bag is sweet - love the fabric you used - just delightful!

Katy said...

I love it so much - you are such a clever lady, aren't you!!!!!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

The fabrics you use area always so beautiful and so cleverly co-ordinated! And your little russian doll designs are adorable - I can't wait for the pattern!!! I really wish you lived over here so we could meet up regularly and I could pick up some of your amazing talent! I hope Callum has a fantastic camping trip! Lucy x

periwinkle said...

i think your bag is lovely - hope callum has a great time
lisa x

annemarie said...

What a wonderful swap gift - the bag and dolls are beautiful. I am looking forward to the stitchery pattern - it will be so much fun to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel
Your bag and dolls are gorgeous!! I have just discovered your blog after buying patterns from you over the years, your work is beautiful! Hope Callum has a great time.
Georgette.

quiltdude said...

They are absolutely fabulous, I really love them. I'm still waiting for my swap to come :( haven't heard from my swap partner in weeks (months in fact!)
X Clare

kristin said...

hi! i'm bumping over here from Sarah's to see the creator of the darling dolls!! well done!!

Lesley said...

Beautiful!!! I love your little Russian doll and I'm sure Sarah will be thrilled with her swap goodies :)

xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...