Friday, August 29, 2008

Russian Doll Swap Goodness ... too beautiful for words

Look how lucky I am! Sarah's parcel from Katy's Russian Doll swap arrived today. I can't believe how beautiful these are, all individual, detailed and inspirational. Each one, except the very tiny one, opens in true matryoshka style, to nest, but I'll be displaying them in a row in my kitchen. They are made from wood!

Isn't Sarah so talented!
There was even two beautiful pieces of japanese fabric and some covered buttons. I've got plans for them already. Thank you Sarah and thanks Katy. I just don't have enough words to say how much I apreciate these. x Rachel

Kane's birthday party tomorrow - his whole prep grade invited, lots of 6 year olds keeping us busy!

8 comments:

Katy said...

flippin' heck - that was DEFINITELY worth hanging on for. Wow wow wow - I am speechless. I need to email Sarah. WOW!

our shabby cottage said...

Wow, they look amazing! And the fabric is great too. have fun tomorrow - I will be doing the same in a few weeks for Master 5's 6th birthday (she says in a terrified voice!)
Kathryn.

Stina said...

Oh my Goodness...they are fantastic...what a lovely swap!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Just beautiful! Your partner is so very talented - they are amazing.

On my Verandah. said...

Just Beautiful.
maree

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

How beautiful! What fantastic painting! Lucy x

Chocolate Cat said...

WOW! What a wonderful parcel to receive. Those dolls are just beautiful and the fabric so tempting to plan the next project!! Good luck for the birthday party....

Annie said...

Rachael, they are GREAT. I also am happy to see your lovely bag with the little dolls. I think your faces were great. I might just have to make one today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...