Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday ~ Sunday Bag

It's the culprit today, the bag that started my bag making craze that hasn't stopped yet! For Show and Tell Tuesday I have "the Sunday Bag" designed by Apples of Gold.

Country style fabrics that were everywhere when I started sewing over 10 years ago didn't really work for me. I made a few bits and pieces, until I found Robyn Pandolph fabrics and I was sold on pretty fabrics.

This is the bag that comes with me when I go to a patchwork class. It has a pocket on the front and back, and has foundation pieced courthouse steps blocks around the base. Made in the "Bed of Roses" range by Robyn Pandolph. It's lined in the green spotted fabric that you can see in the blocks and I love that too. It's nice a big.

And the batiks - this is what I think I will do ... I'm going to piece the front and back so that it makes a nice tonal background, then I am going to applique two butterflies in a dark solid colour to the front and the back, in varing sizes. I just need to get out Matt's butterfly identification books out and look for the right shape. I hope it turns out okay.

Nearly didn't make posting today! Maya went and locked the keys in the office, and Matt had to take apart some of the door to get us in..

9 comments:

silverpebble said...

Such a beautiful bag/patchwork quilt in one! I'm not surprised it started a craze for you!

mjjones said...

I love your bag...perfect size and fantastic fabric choice...I need one just like it! Thanks for sharing!

Katy said...

that's perfect for a patchwork class...I think I need one too!!!!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your bag is gorgeous Rachel! But how did Maya feel about the door needing to be taken apart to get you back in to the computer? I think I would have been trying to knock it down if I'd been locked away from blogland for long!!!

Lucy x

our shabby cottage said...

Hi Rachel, love the bag - as you may know already I LOVE pretty fabrics. The batiks idea sounds good too. I think what ever you come up with will look wonderful, Kathryn.

On my Verandah. said...

Great projects you are getting done Rachel nice work.Am Loving those little Baskets might have to just do one of those myself.
cheers
maree

The Quilt Buddy said...

Another great project! I bet you look rather stylist when you carry that bag around! If you ever get tired of it, you can send it my way! You know that those colors are right up my alley!

Can't wait for the next show-n-tell!

Cathy said...

Hi Rachel

I am having trouble with my emails - I have now replied to yours twice - can you let me know if you receive them thanks - By the way the answer is - go for it!!!!

Linda said...

oh this is so so so beautiful!! love it! yes I love Robyn Pandolph fabrics too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...