Friday, August 22, 2008

Some retail therapy ..

The gift voucher that Matt bought me for my birthday in July has been burning a hole in my pocket. I really felt like I needed a bit of retail therapy after the week I have had at work, so a quick trip into Ballarat Patchwork at lunchtime.

Cute patterns, my staple fabric - red polka dots and blue polka dots and a linen and cotton mix, and a bit of 1930's to add to my growing stash. Some soft black fabric too to make silhouette butterflies for my bag swap. I don't usually buy black.

Cathy from Miss Marzie and Audrey and Maude has given me permission to sell my handmade softies using these patterns. I'm really pleased and will be making up a few for the creche fundraising marketday in October when I have my one and only stall for the year.

Ayden called last night to say today he is off on his 7 day hike around the northern side of King Island. I'm counting down the days until he comes on on 11 September.

5 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your new fabrics! Those Audrey and Maude patterns are brilliant.

On my Verandah. said...

Great retail Therapy you had Rachel...Glad you heard from your Son.
cheers
maree

periwinkle said...

I've still got to get around to making Edward and Eloise - I must put it on my list to do for next month. Lovely fabrics, you can never go wrong with a few spots
lisa x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I love your new patterns - especially the elephants! Can't wait to see them made up! Lucy x

lovestitches said...

I don't care how impersonal they say gift vouchers are, I love them! The patterns are cute, great taste!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...