Sunday, November 2, 2008

Isn't this a crafty blog?


Since I haven't got much sewing to show you, way too much just so close to being finished, or gifts, here are some of our roses. Not beautiful shots like Annie's but quick pic's while I was doing some gardening.

This is our Abraham Darby that grows under our bedroom windows at the front of the house. Quite a lot more David Austin roses in our front garden too.

Still trying to get the garden weeded. 4 weeks and counting .....

Abraham Darby is just the most beautiful rose, scented, big and frilly too.

I did get this Dilbert Dinosaur finished and he is off to see Katy and her monkey this week. We are doing a dinosaur for fabric scraps swap. Just love this Melly and me pattern!
Kane LOVED his sleepover at school on Friday night (Halloween too, very keen teachers...). He ate pizza, watched movies, made slimy stuff and kept himself awake until his teacher sat next to him and held his beanie kid Speedy to stop him playing. We laughed when he didn't get out of bed until 10am this morning.
I've been working on a Resume for Ayden and we have been submitting it for a holiday job all over the place. I think we left it a bit too late, but I have my fingers crossed for him.

13 comments:

Kitty said...

Fab dinosaur, fab roses ... it's lovely to see your garden springing to life just as all the deciduous plants here are losing their leaves and acquiring their winter spindly-ness.

x

Katy said...

eeeeeeeeeeeek - look at my (sorry, ginger's) dino!!! Rachel, he's FAB! Your parcel should arrive ever so soon, it went out last week.

David Austin roses are lovely, aren't they? It seems so strange that those beautiful flowers are so far away, they started life in a little village just outside Wolverhampton in the West Midlands, UK. It's a small world, isn't it?

Bernadette said...

I have been after an Abraham Darby for a few years, it is gorgeous! Unfortunately the rose nursery I buy most of my roses from seems to sell out of them before I get to visit!! The dinosoaur is very very cute.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Ginger's dinosaur is fab - but do you really think Katy will let him have it????

Love your roses too - our garden just seems cold, wet and depressing now!

Lucy x

periwinkle said...

love the roses - so pretty. You,ve just reminded me that I have that Dilbert pattern and have never used it yet -- ooh more christmas ideas :-). Thank you
lisa x

Jodie said...

ooh Sam's warehouse is looking for Christmas casuals - Goodluck!!1

sarahau said...

en eyeing of that dino pattern. It looks fabulous! whats your rose secret, mine are awful right now.

Narelle said...

I've just been out taking photos of my roses but your's are absolutely stunning.

Kate said...

Gorgeous roses, cute house too!

Dilbert looks pretty awesome too, I'm sure he will be well loved.

mellyandrosie said...

Love your Dilbert Rachel!! I am sure he will be loved dearly in his new home!! And what a great garden - you should see my weed/overgrown grass/dead plant quarter acre, I think I have left my yard way too long!!

Rachael Rabbit said...

I LOVE dilbert - I think I might have to attack that pattern too!!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the roses.........

Chocolate Cat said...

Beautiful roses!
Good luck for the holiday job for Ayden, we have just done a resume for my son too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...