Sunday, November 30, 2008

More gifts for the Teachers ..


I think I have finished my Christmas sewing... or maybe just a few fun ones to do with the kids to go. Here is little bag for Ayden's learning mentor who has taught Ayden for personal futures and German for the past 3 years. A nice box of chocolate will be filling that one. The stitchery I used on this bag was from a Bronwyn Hayes pattern in a Homespun magazine a few years ago.

For Maya's carers there are little drawstring bags with bells. I've used a Hatched and Patched pattern called "The Santa" for the stitcheries on these.


And the Santa Sack is finished! Also a pattern by Hatched and Patched but I have simplified it a bit, made it smaller and added the little girls name. You can see with my model, 7 year old Callum how big it is. I hope her mum likes it!

14 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the bags you made for the teachers and the Santa Sack Callum is proudly holding!

Kitty said...

As always Rachel ... beautiful work. x

debbie said...

Great bags, are they a pattern or did you make them up? They look great.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

You have been busy Rachel!! Love the little bags - I am sure the teachers will be thrilled.

Maree said...

Lovely work...Great Santa Sack & I'm sure the Little Bags will be Treasured..
cheers

dottycookie said...

All so lovely!

Chocolate Cat said...

They are just beautiful and will be treasured. How could Tia's Mum not love the Santa sack?? I am doing the Christmas panic this morning especially realising school finishes this week and I have some special teachers to thank and nothing for them yet!!

Renee said...

your handmade bags for the teachers are great! I imagine they would get lots of chocolates and coffee mugs and so will be thrilled with something a little different, that you have put so much effort into.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Such beautiful sewing Rachel! I'm just hitting full panic mode as I realise how much I want/need to do before Christmas and have only just started!!!! I can't believe you have finished!

Lucy x

our shabby cottage said...

Gee, Rachel, has your sewing machine got smoke coming out from it....???

Your Christmas gifts look wonderful!

Emi said...

-WUAOOO! These are wonderful Papa Noel, greetings from Costa Rica.

Bernadette said...

Lucky teachers, very spoilt I think! Gorgeous Santa Sack Rachel.

Rebecca said...

those are kind of fun. Lots a work for the little workers!! happy christmas finished projects to you!!

periwinkle said...

Love all your bags , very well crafted
Lisa x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...