Friday, November 7, 2008

Scrappy pinwheels .. how many to go?

Oops, sorry I didn't post a pic of Katy's fabric spread out!! Here is a bit of it before I started cutting into it.

I had a massive migraine start on Tuesday and it knocked me around. My eyes were so tender that on Wednesday I couldn't work, sew, read or use the computer much. But I could cut out fabric.


I've made a good start on the pinwheel blocks thanks to some of the scraps I have been given. Some of these have come from Lucy, Bernadette, Jodie and Katy and mixed with bits and pieces from my own stash. Just love them.

Hopefully the pinwheels will get better with practice. I have tossed away maybe a quarter that I have made over the last couple of months with the points not perfect in the centre. My sewing machine struggles over the thick seams and I have started pressing them open to reduce the bulk a bit to see if that helps. Only 109 to make....

Mad rush up to school today to see Kane speak at assembly. Just beautiful to see those little preppies up at the microphone speaking to the other kids. Kane stumbled over some of his words but kept going in a big voice. Big round of applause for him too xx

17 comments:

Cathy said...

your pinwheels look divine - I think it is a great block.

Well done to Kane too! I think that they are so fantastic being able to speak in front of crowds at such a young age!

Katy said...

Well done Kane - I wouldn't be able to speak in front of the other kids now!!!!

Your pin wheels look great. I think I've decided on what I'm doing next ;) and I'm so pleased you liked the scraps!

Kitty said...

Well done Kane!

Those pinwheels looks pretty darned perfect to me. It's going to be a fantastic quilt.

x

dottycookie said...

Yay for Kane!

I love your pinwheel blocks. Such a deceptively simple pattern :-)

dottycookie said...

Yay for Kane!

I love your pinwheel blocks. Such a deceptively simple pattern :-)

Annie said...

Love the pinwheels Rachael. They are so bright and happy. Always love hearing the preps at assembly. Special moments.

Farmyard Crafts said...

Good on you for persevering with the pinwheels!!! Only 109 to go? Easy! :P Hope that you're well. Good on Kane for his assembly speech too. :) Crowds scary me... unless I'm singing or playing the piano! Easy to hide behind something!!!

Stephanie said...

Your pinwheels are so bright and happy.

the pesky bombolino said...

That's a lovely photo of your pinwheels- they look gorgeous!

periwinkle said...

good job Kane - nice to see the fabric spread out , there really was loads wasn't there. Looking forward to seeing your pinwheels all finished
lisa x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your pinwheels look lovely and it is really nice to see some of the fabrics I sent you! But the pile from Katy is fantastic! Love the rose-y spotty ones!

Lucy x

On my Verandah.. said...

Love how your Pinwheels have turned out...They look Great...
cheers
maree

Karen said...

Awsome pinwheels;) Go Kane!!!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh how pretty and colorful! I think they look perfect!

Bernadette said...

the pinwheels look fabulous, one of my favourite little blocks. Well done to Kane, a special moment for a proud Mum!

Renee said...

the pinwheels look great. My sewing machine struggles with bulky seams too - I am forever pulling apart trianges!

mellyandrosie said...

Those pinwheels are just completely yummy!!! I love the colours you have put together, just stunning =]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...