Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Big Thank You's!

I would like to say a huge thank you to two very generous bloggers, Lisa and Martine.


Martine in Frace offered to send me a postcard as a thank you for her Russian Doll stitchery pattern and sent along with the postcard these stunning Christmas stars. Martine's mother has crochet these for the four wise monkeys to hang on our Christmas tree. Just beautiful.

And Lisa offered to send me a Matrushka Doll as a thank you for the pattern. How could I say no! So cute and in colours that I would have picked myself. Thank you so, so much Martine and Lisa x

I haven't managed to get much finished this week. Work is frantic heading towards International Volunteers Day on Friday 5 December.

Maya and I did sneak off to the Ballarat Patchwork Sale to pick up a few bits and pieces to help finish off the "Sunshine in your Pocket" quilt. I have a nice 1930's stash happening and I am pretty happy with this pink spot for the borders and sashings.

7 comments:

Katy said...

I love those 1930s repros!

Kitty said...

Gorgeous gifts in those parcels Rachel - you lucky blogger. x

Stephanie said...

Nice gifts. Love the matroyshka. She's so sweet.

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh I love those star ornaments! They are gorgeous. I also love the spot fabric, it will be perfect for the borders / sashing.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Oooh lovely presents! Great fabric and fab stitching too!!!

Can't wait to see the finished "sunshine" quilt!

Lucy xxx

Bernadette said...

Dying to see the sunshine quilt together Rachel!

Salted River said...

Happy you love them!
This matryoshka is so gorgeous!
But it's impossible to go to the link to visit Lisa's blog?
Have a nice week end!
Martine from France

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...