Monday, December 22, 2008

Chop chop..

This weekend, after a trip to see a Wiggles show with the kids at the cinema, and a visit to Santa for photos, my whole fabric stash was tipped on the floor.

I have a 20 litre tub of fabric. Yes there are other little stashes around the house but this is the bulk of it. I really am a scrap quilter so to see anything as large as a fat quarter is really a bit of a challenge. Any pieces of fabric less than an inch wide was thrown out - so hard!

I had a bit of a talk to myself about how I had bought/swapped this fabric to be cut up and used, not stashed, so chop chop. More pinwheels.


For the Butterfly Collector Quilt borders. I have made 53 pinwheels now, so nearly half way!

10 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

That quilt will be one of the best I will have seen Rachel, keep going!!! Happy Christmas, Kathryn

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your quilt is going to be wonderful!

Lindi said...

Gorgeous colours! Look forward to seeing the finished quilt.
But no! no! no! how could you throw those scraps out?!?

Nic said...

Your quilt is looking fabulous Rachel.

Kitty said...

I feel your pain! As someone who loves to appliqué, even the tiniest scraps of fabric have merit, but sometimes we have to be strict with ourselves, don't we? :-(

I'm sure that quilt is going to be nothing short of fantastic.

x

Jodie said...

You are so patient ! Hopefully I can add to that stash for you today!

Bernadette said...

It's looking beautiful Rachel and I do loooovvveeee pinwheels!

Carol in Sweden said...

Love that quilt and those pinwheels are ever so cute!

Merry Christmas from up north!

Whosies said...

yay for chopping!! how daring you are. i still have drawers-color coded at least- that are hard to close. i need to look into pinwheels.

Jantine said...

I lvoe the quilt and the blocks for the border, so what the total must be, something like gorgious! I will keep following your blog, I don't want to miss out on this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...