Friday, December 5, 2008

The first Santa of the Season ..


The kids had their annual junior school fundraiser today, all encouraged to hold a stall to earn money to sponsor 2 overseas children.

Santa arrived in the Australian traditional fire truck and tossed lollies to the kids. The first Santa event of the season - 2 more before lunch tomorrow.

Kane bought himself a succulent plant for $1 to add to the kids collection. Pretty pleased with himself. There was the jumping castle, sausage sizzle and stalls everywhere! Perfect day for it today.



And I have finished the first block in redwork from the Red Delicious block of the month. Something a bit different for me. Esther has shown the block in applique but it is suitable for redwork too.

11 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the first block in your redwork quilt.

Jeni said...

my goodness how pretty.... and delicate your work is..... I am sorry to say ....I couldn't do it
but i love the red block

Maree said...

Your Redwork Block looks Lovely Rachel...Congrats on your Project in Homespun Kids...got my copy today...well done.!!
cheers
PS: email Esther your block she will love to see it...I sent her mine.

Purpleflowerpatch said...

I love it in the redwork! I considered doing mine as redwork but decided on the applique as I've not done much of that lately - you can see it on my blog. Can't wait to see yours when it's finished! :-)

Simone de Klerk said...

I was planning to do the Red deliscious in redwork too! I don't really like to applique. It makes me nervous.

Calidore said...

It's funny how all those Santas start popping up this time of year...vbg. The kids look like they are having a ball and Kane looks so pleased with his succulent. Love the redwork - so very pretty

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Congratulations on your publication!!! Your project looks awesome - I will ahve to look out for it tomorrow when I go shopping!

periwinkle said...

I just can't get my head around santa in the summer , but then again you probably have a hard time with santa in the winter -- cute pic of Kane
lisa x

rachel griffith said...

oh your first red delicious block looks perfect.
:D

congrats on being published!!!
that's awesome!!!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I was going to say the same sort of thing as Periwinkle - Christmas in the summer is just such a hard concept to get my mind round! I love that Santa came in a fire engine!

Lucy x

Moogsmum said...

Never mind what Locket said - I could quite happily get used to the idea of Santa in summer right now - brrrrr!

I love your redwork - your stitching is exquisite :-)

xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...