Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Big Saturday Trash and Treasure Blogmeet

Today was the perfect day in Ballarat for a Blogmeet. We were all looking forward to meeting Trash, and Jodie was an amazing organiser. It was warm and sunny, Ballarat Patchwork had doorprizes, lots of lovely ladies to meet, and Jodie had the kettle on.

I'm not sure about posting a pic of everyone, but I met and caught up with all these bloggers:
Trashy, The Quilting B, Rousabout, Sonya, Our Shabby Cottage, Annie's Flower Garden, Silly Gilly Kids, Scrapbag, Ric Rac, Thornberry, Two Cheese Please, Little Red Hen, Janey's Relaxation, Nicole M Design and Don't Look Now. What a great group of people to meet and it was so much fun!

We all met up at Ballarat Patchwork, lunch at Eureka Park and the rest of the afternoon back at Jodie's place. Apart from me having a wonderful time, and coming home with more of Jodie's scraps., the kids were very happy.

Maya played with Jodie's toys - how cute are these!

And the boys just could not leave the kitten Nate alone. I checked my camera and there are so many pic's of the kitten that the boys have taken.

What a lovely day!

19 comments:

Nic said...

What a great crowd to picnic with. I just wish i could have come to play as well. One day I'll make it back to Ballarat.

rousabout studio said...

It was lovely to meet you and wasnt it a great day!! And how well behaved were your kids!!! You are a braver woman than I..Jo

our shabby cottage said...

It was such a lovely day!

Linda said...

oh I do wish we ALL could of come!!! sounds lovely!!!

Kitty said...

Those of us on the other side of the globe are very jealous. So glad you all had a lovely time though. x

Nikki said...

It was a great afternoon, and I wish I hadn't (got lost and...) arrived so late!!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

It sounds fab! I've just been over to scrapbag's blog and laughed myself silly over the photos - just wish I could have been there for real!

Lucy xxx

Jan said...

Lucy, you were definitely there in spirit - and sort of for real! It was such a fun day; so great to meet everyone.

Kate said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there, it sounds like you all had a fantastic time. Hopefully next time!

dottycookie said...

It looks like the perfect day!

Chocolate Cat said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day!

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you got a lot together.......how fun........another wonderful day in blogland.........how would you have ever met otherwise.........

Jodie said...

It was such a great day Rachel - thanks for coming over, we will definately do it again!!

Calidore said...

Sounds like you all had a fantastic day. I was there in spirit...vbg.

Holly said...

It was great to meet you and your family yesterday - you have such delightful and well behaved (I typed well made to start with, hehe, "you know you sew too much when...") children!

Will stop by again soon :)

~Holly

http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com

Cathy said...

I wish I had come - it sounded like so much fun!

Farmyard Crafts said...

What a great time you must have had! You're lucky to have people close by to get together with!! And, how awesome to be doing test sewing.... I'd love to do that! Hope that you've been well! I'm now BACK!

Moogsmum said...

Your day sounds like so much fun! It's been lovely to read it all on everyone's blogs. There is nothing quite like a good bloggy meet up :-)

Next time, we'll all have to fly out en mass - have to confess to a tiny bit of bloggy-picnic-envy!!

xxx

Janette said...

It was lovely to meet you and your children! I love the pic of your little girl with Jodie's toys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...