Friday, January 30, 2009

Bugs!

I think you will be seeing "The Bugs" in larger than life size here! This stitchery by Lynette Anderson Designs is a bit smaller than 2 cm x 9 cm. It's the January installment for the Noah's Ark block of the month and I have just made it in time. I chose not to add the year above the snails though. Because it crosses 2008 and 09 that's just too hard a decision to make.



And a tiny peak of the bug fabric I've used for this secret project for Melly & me... no guesses!

Well, the boys went back to school yesterday and today is my last day of leave. 4 weeks went so fast. Unfortunately it really has been too hot to do much sewing this week with us on our 3rd day above 40 degrees and not much of a break from the heat in sight. I have a fan set up next to the ironing board at the moment while I try and cut out some applique shapes. Can't blame me for trying...

We are off to the swimming pool for the evening as soon as the kids get back from school. Can't wait!

8 comments:

Sherri said...

I did the same thing with my bug stitchery...I simply could not decide which year to put...so I put neither!!!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Very cute! I think as far as I've gotten is to save them on my computer! (I have completed the first two blocks I think!) How's your star quilt going?? Have you finished it?? (I think I remember it being a quilt top at some stage!)

Little Green Doll said...

Very nice stitchery!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Stay cool! Your stitchery is so sweet - what great detail. You other project looks interesting!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I just can't imagine how hot it is with you! I would be a messy puddle on the floor in those temperatures! Hope the heatwave passes quickly. Lucy xxx

Linda said...

I just haven't got on with the stitchery! I love it but it's sooo small for my clumsy fingers I may have to enlarge them all!!!

Jodie said...

Lovely bugs rachel...they have got me thinking

dottycookie said...

Oh, I love sewing little bugs - must check that one out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...