Thursday, January 8, 2009

Penguin love ...

Hooray, I am finally on Annual Leave! Well honestly, I still have a bit of work to do for the "real" job but we won't talk about that...


Yesterday the kids and I were off to Melbourne to see the Melbourne Aquarium and their Antarctic Penguin exhibition. I have one small girl who just loves penguins. Really loves penguins. We could hardly leave them to go and see the rest of the aquarium, and even seeing the feeding sharks and the sea turtles were nothing on those penguins.


video

20 second video of swimming penguins from my camera ... cute!


So not a lot of sewing has been done. I have started this sneak peek for someone who missed out on Linda's bag swap and I'll be hand quilting it tonight.

I'm also doing some test sewing for the upcoming Melly & Me book. Exciting but I'm not sharing ... it's a secret sorry!

12 comments:

dottycookie said...

I have a pengiuon lover too; in fact yesterday, when asked what she'd like to do when she grows up, she said 'I'd like to be a pinguin, mummy!'

I'll see what I can do.

dottycookie said...

Argh, the first one should have been penguin, of course. The second one was meant to be pinguin because that's how she says it. Bad fingers!

Margaret said...

Penguins are lovely little things aren't they. Have yu seen the fairey penguins off the St Kilda Pier or over on Kangaroo Island ?When I was a child many moons ago I waited in the cold down at Phillip Island to see them come up the beach in our torchlight. I couldn't go to sleep that night wondering how they swam all day.

Jodie said...

ooh that does sound like an exciting secret....

Renee said...

test sewing for Melly and Me? you are so lucky! I am jealous!

Linda said...

Such pretty fabrics Rachel, and how exciting that your a test sewer, you get to see items before anyone else.

Moogsmum said...

Penguins really are the best :-)

Very excited to see what you are making for Melly & Me!!

xxx

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Penguins are fab - Maya has great taste!

And how exciting to be testing Melly's patterns!

Lucy x

Chocolate Cat said...

Im on holidays now too!!! Hurray! Had a few people recommend going to see the penguins when we are in Melbourne in a fortnight. They are very cute!

our shabby cottage said...

Now, I heard a story today that the male penguins were liking each other too much and not taking any interest in the female penguin which was really causing a stir?
See you tomorrow at "Trash and Treasure"?

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Cute bag fabric there. And how nice of you to make that.
Penguins are cute as is the little gal standing there.

Lyn said...

What a lovely blog. When I saw how much your little girl loves penguins, I had to post these links to some super cute penguin fabrics I came across the other day on a US fabric store site - on sale, still quite cheap per yard even with the poor old Aussie dollar. I couldn't resist ordering a yard of the one with the numbers!

http://www.lisasstitches.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=8100263.10938.s0&product=Novelty&productid=NJ1352_Blu&sales=0&lastmenu=

http://www.lisasstitches.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=8100263.10938.s0&product=Novelty&productid=NJ1352_Wh&sales=0&lastmenu=

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...