Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I resisted ....


Rosalie Quinlan's Little Patchwork Village that I have been stitching over the last few weeks. Blocks 4- 7 roughly cut out. Getting there!

We have been pretty busy over the past few days with the kids. Yesterday was spent at the local pool, and the training wheels have been taken off Callum and Kane's bikes. We have run up and down the back street keeping Kane going but Callum was off like a shot!

Today was so hot that there wasn't much we could do outside. Callum and Kane were booked into a holiday program and were off to play indoor mini golf. So there were just Ayden and Maya at home with me. We had a few appointments but a bit of time to spare...

I couldn't believe how good I was. I resisted the bag of new fabric, all ready to make up the design that is in my head and roughly written up on paper. 18 more pinwheels are cut out and started. No more cutting out little 2 3/4" squares! The next pic of my butterfly quilt will have borders on it. Hooray.

10 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

Those stitcheries look really cool!! Can't wait to see your butterfly quilt!

Jo Jo said...

I love those stitcheries! May need to look into getting them! Can't wait to see what else you come up with Rachel...you certainly have a career ahead of you in design that's for sure! Jo xo

Stephanie said...

I love houses and those stitcheries are just too cute.

rachel griffith said...

oh how cute!!!
{the link didn't work for me though.}

can't wait to see the butterfly quilt.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I love those houses! I've just managed to find the pattern over here so in a few days I will be able to start some too! Lucy xuntsk

Karen said...

Your little village looks like fun. Can't wait to see them all stitched up. I did the training wheel thing this past Summer, so I know of what you speak. I look forward to seeing your butterfly project;)

Chocolate Cat said...

I am proud of you!! Not easy to resist new fabric and a design! Look forward to seeing the borders on the butterfly quilt!

Moogsmum said...

Your stitcheries looks beautiful!

I'm most impressed with your self control in resisted the lure of the fabric!

xxx

Whosies said...

oh that lure....fabric...new...clean....flat and unrinkled...mmmmmm. what oh, cute houses i mean and butterflies--when they come

Calidore said...

Love the stitcheries - you are doing well. Been there done that with the training wheels thing - have fun...vbg. At least you will be fit by the end of it all. Love the butterfly quilt. I made the same pattern years ago but didn't do the pinwheels in the sashing - way to fiddly for me then...vbg.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...