Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tick, tick, tick ...

With the butterfly quilt top finished, I have been ticking off things on the to-do list

Two trips to Ballarat Patchwork and I have picked out the fat quarters to send off to a couple of swaps. I'm up to date on my block a day for the Calendar Quilt Challenge, and I have made a bloggy gift from the Here Kitty pattern.

I've taken the sashes off the dress I made for Maya in December too. I think she will get more wear out of it without them.

All the school books and uniforms have been picked up. The school blazers are finally at the dry cleaners and the school shoes have been fitted. Not that I have managed to name and cover anything though! (hate doing that ...) The kids go back on Thursday.

No more running up and down the back street with the boys as Callum and Kane are now confidently riding their bikes. We have spent this afternoon swimming at the local pool too.

I've even managed to sneak a few minutes on this new project. And my 87 year old Grandma arrives from the UK tomorrow to spend the next 4 months in Australia! Happy Australia Day all x

12 comments:

mandapanda said...

I just love the "here kitty kitty" pattern, thankyou for the link!

Kitty said...

Blue and green are my favourites - those blocks at the bottom are absolutely gorgeous. Not that all your 'stuff' isn't gorgeous, but you know what I mean.

Hope you have a wonderful time with your grandma. x

Natasha said...

Those polka dots are great. I really like the colour combination.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the colours in your new project - the polka dots are delicious. Enjoy your grandma's visit.

Carol in Sweden said...

Enjoy your g-ma's visit!
wow 87! bet she's got stories to tell! (Have you ever recorded her stories of her childhood? like if she remembers the first telephone in her house or what she did in the evenings for fun? etc?)

With you getting your monkeys ready for school...that means we soon will be ready for Spring...well, in another 2-3 months! Always keeping time, aren't we?

Your butterfly quilt is gorgeous!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Have a lovely time with your grandma! How fab to have her visit for so long!

Moogsmum said...

Happy Australia day to you!

I hope you have a wonderful time with your Grandma. How fab that she' spending so long with you :-)

Your new projects are looking gorgeous and I love the colours you're using.

xxx

Chocolate Cat said...

Glad I'm not the only one a bit slow at getting the blazer to the drycleaners!! I still have to do the uniform and shoe check this morning. You've been busy ticking things off your list, I like the look of your new project. Happy Australia Day!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Hope you have a great Australia Day.... and a great time with your grandma too!! You're doing well with your sewing!! Looks awesome! We've been rained in... so we'll be having a quiet and muddy day at home!! (That's what happens when you get 6 inches of rain in four days.... and have 50ish klms of dirt and gravel to travel on before you get to the bitumen!!) Oh well! Maybe I'll get Amara's birthday presents finished....!!! Cheers!!! HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

Jodie said...

That school stuff just goes on and on. WE thought we were done only to find we need pencilcases and locker locks......tomorrow I guess.
have a great day Rachel.

rachel griffith said...

you've been one busy little bee!!!

yayyy to your grandma coming!!!

clare said...

Gotta love those ticks . Isn't your grandmother wonderful traveling at that age , good on her .
Clares Craftroom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...