Friday, January 16, 2009

Two finishes for Friday

Ayden, Maya and I have had a fairly quiet day today with Callum and Kane off at a holiday program. I finished off two projects while they were away!


A swap gift that is off to the Netherlands. I don't think the lady knows I am sending her a bag. One of my favorite patterns, called Leannes Shopping Bag by Rosalie Quinlan Designs. It uses 2.5" and 3.5" scraps and it looks great in so many fabric combinations that I have tried.

This one was made from my stash of Hannah Bella fabric. Luckily the lady likes pink and blue.

And a secret test pattern for Melly & me. No sneak peeks on this one but this is the "very different for me" fabric that I used. I can say that Maya has disappeared with the finished item though!

16 comments:

Jan said...

Gorgeous bag, Rachel; what a lovely gift. "Secret test pattern for Melly and Me"?? I'm intrigued!

Annie said...

What a great feeling to finish 2 things - yeah for holiday program! Love the bag!

Simone de Klerk said...

I love your bag! Wonderful colors and the flower on it is great!
Have a happy weekend (O:

clare said...

I love the colours in that bag .
Clares Craftroom

Christine said...

Love your bag ... lucky lady in the Netherlands. Your Melly and Me project sounds intriguing.
Christine

Katy said...

ooooh, can't wait to see what the secret pattern is.
The bag looks lovely too. I'm sure it will be well loved!

Stina said...

This bag is looking wonderful...and I love the colours too... congrats on the finishes.. :o)

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Sneak peeks are ever so exciting! And that bag is gorgeous! Lucy x

Chocolate Cat said...

What a lovely bag and how good to have two finishes!!

Maree said...

Lovely Bag...the other fabric looks Interesting....
cheers

rousabout studio said...

Oh a productive time out day!!, wish I could manage something close to that.. well done, look forward to the secret revealed..

Lisar said...

Hi Rachel....love the fabrics you have used for Melly & Me's test Pattern...I too am helping Melly out so can probably guess what you have used the fabric for LOL. Aren't we teasers? Hugs, Lisa

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely bag.........

Jo said...

Hi Rachel, I love the bag, the material you have used is gorgeous I might have to make one for myself I think. Thanks again for the lovely fabric and the pattern you sent for my birthday, love it all.

Moogsmum said...

Your patchwork bag is lovely - great way to use up those scraps too!
Can't wait to see what you're testing!

xxx

Linda said...

It's gorgeous Rachel, and I'm sure the "lady" will simply adore it. Thanks so much for doing this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...