Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cute Tea Wallets

It was back to the "real job" on Monday which was pretty hard after 4 weeks of holidays. Lots of emails to sort and the "glad you are back, there's work to be done" calls started straight away. It's been a bit busy this week....

Nearly all the project I am working on are secret at the moment so not much to show. I couldn't resist making these little tea wallets that are just so quick to do, and use 4 bits of fabric just 5 x 7". I would have made these 2 wallets in less than an hour.

I'm not a tea drinker but they are a great quick project and I might make a few up for the mothers day stall. The link here also has the measurements to make a wallet too.
I annoyed Maya but cutting up one of her many, many hair bands to make the closure loop for a quick alternative to making a fabric one, and used a tiny ceramic button I found in my sewing box too. Cute!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've been making tea wallets too. I'll have to try this pattern. CUTE. Love your fabric. Can't wait to see your secret projects.

Worm's Woman said...

ooh so have to make and thanks for the hair elastic tip. i have tons of those! they disappear so buy more and then low and behold a bunch reappear!

rachel griffith said...

oh rachel...it's SO cute!!!
can't wait to see your secret projects!!!

:D

Carolyn G said...

God those are great. I willy-nilly have teas in my purse and then they rip and spill. These are fabulous!

Calidore said...

I have looked at that pattern lots but resisted temptation.....well no more. Being a tea drinker how I held out for so long is amazing....vbg. Thanks for providing some inspiration (and another excuse to sit under the air conditioner) for today.

our shabby cottage said...

Hi Rachel, they look great! It's hard getting back into the routine isn't it?

Annie said...

They're great Rachael. I want to make one for my friend.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I have been making tea wallets this week too! Love the sweet linen yu have used.

Farmyard Crafts said...

They are really cute Rach! Anything that's easy is great!!!! Hope you enjoy being back at work!! I'm sure that 4 weeks off is long enough to get out of a routine of having to work!!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That is the cutest little tea wallet. I love it!!! Perfect for you bag.

Moogsmum said...

They are lovely - what a fab idea!

xx

Lori R said...

I was planning on making some wallets today. Glad i saw this first! yours are really cute--love the hair band idea!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...