Sunday, February 8, 2009

How many paddlepops can one family eat?

It has been so hot that I have been left wondering how many paddlepop ice creams can one family of 6 eat over summer? Record breaking 44 degrees yesterday. I have eaten so many that I am a bit too worried to step on the scales :)

Luckily Cass from Snailblazer sent me this fantastic package as part of Katy's Swap! Three fat quarters, a magazine, ribbons, a pincushion and binding, all wrapped up in a recycled pattern and the sweetest tri-coloured string. Thank you so much Cass and Katy!


And with so many secret projects I though I had better give a bit of an update on my Calendar Quilt Challenge. Still going with the daily blue and brown blocks - except that they are being chain pieced each weekend. I'll get there!

Terrible floods, fires and deaths in Australia this weekend. Whole towns lost and a lot of the community need care.

8 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

What lovely goodies! Hope you are safely away from the fires. Lucy xxx

Kitty said...

It's so strange reading of your extreme weather over there, when we are having diametrically opposite extreme weather here. Hope you are keeping safe and as cool as possible.

Such lovely crafty goings-on and parcels - I especially love the blue and brown project. x

rachel griffith said...

oh yall's weather.
that HAS to be uncomfortable.
we are having the exact opposite.
snow. snow. and more snow.

you got some great goodies.

and your calendar quilt challenge blocks are looking fabulous!!!

Worm's Woman said...

lovely stuff! I had the weather channel on yesterday and they showed a picture of a baby koala who had broken into a house to sit in a bowl of water to cool off...oh my! and then they mentioned the fires and deaths this morning. Stay safe and I pray for relief for you soon!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Here's hoping that you remain safe too.... you're more west of the fires though aren't you? Prayers to all involved.

our shabby cottage said...

I think we have probably eaten as many Paddlepops as you guys!!
What a great selection of swap goodies!

Sara said...

I would love it if it were that hot! But no, here it is about 40 F. Much colder! Great surprise you got in the mail, and I love the blue and brown blocks.

Hope you are safe from the fires!

Melanie said...

Hi I'm popping in (nosing around) fellow Time For Tea Swappers.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having to scramble around to see what can be photographed at the mo.

I heard about the crazy weather. Sympathies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...