Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Muddling through ...

Remember my scrappy boats? Well, I ended up not liking them. I was pleased with my original idea but the blocks in the body of the quilt just looked too big compared with the size of the boats. So the two finished borders were unpicked and a simple centre sewn.

I'm still working on the second two borders and I have taken a bit of a cryptic pic of my progress. I'm also not sure about the dark brown stitchery detail and might change it to a shade of blue. Ahhhh the design process .....

But at least Kane is happy. Last night we were off to the creche family picnic and Kane always wants to feed and entice the ducks anytime we are close to them. A couple of minutes later we were crowded by other kids with leftover bread, and a lot more ducks!

7 comments:

silverpebble said...

The boats were and still are just lovely - they make me want to visit the seaside. It's great to watch the quilt take shape.

That photo is great - happy ducks, happy boy.

The stitchery in the previous post is wonderful - I keep scrolling back to peep at it.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

The boats look gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing! And isn't feeding the ducks a fab thing to do?!

Lucy x

Karen said...

Your little sail boats are adorable. I love the mix of colors;)

Calidore said...

Love the photo of Kane feeding the ducks. Reminds me of when my sister did that when we were small - trouble was in her excitement she fell into the pond and it was the middle of winter. I still get a giggle over the memory - bad big sis that I am.
Loving the quilt too. Such happy colours. It's wonderful to see how it's all coming together.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the boats!!

Kitty said...

It's good to know that even stitching godesses such as yourself find not everything goes right the first time! The boats look fabulous - I'm sure the end result will be gorgeous. x

Renee said...

your boats are looking great - I can't wait to see the whole quilt. The colours are great.

Have a good weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...