Thursday, March 12, 2009

At the Show ...

Yesterday I was off to the Show!

I had a budget and a list and I was pretty good ... I bought some little boys to match my little girls from Jodie, a zippered bag kit from Nikki and this cute ladybird panel from Kirsten. A few tiny glass animal beads for the kids too.

And fabric from Hot Possum and Amitie. All these fabrics except the whimisical little print in the front are for projects that are right there in my head - not for the stash! Well, except for the scraps of course.

The show was great. Living Creatively did a fantastic job of updating the show and so many bloggers to meet and catch up with! Jodies selvedge projects were on show and I am kicking myself that I didn't take a pic of them, along with the most beautiful quilt by Kellie. Holly had her cute donuts, I finally met Cathy and Louise, and Shannon too. And caught up with Kathryn and her mum.

If you are off to the Stitches and Craft Show, it was very hot and humid in the buildings .. lots and lots to see too

17 comments:

Bev C said...

I am glad you had a great day. I love the ladybird material. Happy stitching.

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a great day, lovely fabrics. I would love to see Kellie's quilt up close and those selvedge creations of Jodie's.

Kate said...

Love your new fabrics, especially those spotty ones! Cant make it to stitches unfortunately...

Cass said...

Lucky you sounds like you had a great time

Calidore said...

Ohh love what you bought you were good.

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh it sounds like it was so much fun!!

Cathy said...

so lovely to have met you Rachel, thanks so much for dropping by. Hope to see more of you in the future. It was a bit cooler in the building today!

Stephanie said...

How fun. It would be wonderful to visit a fantastic craft show in another country. :o)

Gabriela said...

can i foollow you?. I like everything!!!.

our shabby cottage said...

Did you get home OK from Melbourne? We had to get the bus and were late home by 20 minutes.

rousabout studio said...

I am off on Sunday and cant wait... I hope everything isnt sold out!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hot Possum is my favourite local quilt shop!! Looks like you had a grat time at the Show!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Oh! I am sooooo JEALOUS!!!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous time!

lucyx

Margaret said...

The Show this year was great, especially being at the Showgrounds, easy to get to from Southern Cross Station. I bought beads and bits for bags. The train back to Geelong was fourty minutes late in leaving, my friend and I wished we had a needle and thread so that we could start on our " new stuff "

Janellybelly said...

Hey Rachel, nice shopping! Are you having fun with your new Bernina? Did anyone recognise you from your bag?
Janelle x

Christine said...

The show sounds fabulous ... how exciting to meet all those bloggers. Love all your new stuff ... you will have lots of fun creating with it.

Nikki said...

Lovely to meet you at the show, Rachel - and sorry it's taken so long to drop by.... I'm only just coming out of the fog of exhaustion and stepping back into blogland. I hope you have fun with your purse kit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...