Friday, April 17, 2009

Cute Buttercup Bag ..

Poor Maya wasn't well on Wednesday night, so on Thursday we spent a carers day together and we made up this very cute little bag. It's from the free buttercup bag pattern and we just added a fabric flower to it. The bag just uses a fat quarter for the outside and a small piece for the lining. Great! A very quick project too.

I'd bought this cute Kooka fabric from Ballarat Patchwork a little while ago but the heavier weight fabric needed a special project for it to work. It was fantastic for this little bag and I didn't need any stabliser with it at all.

11 comments:

The Old Dairy said...

what a lovely little bag, I'll have to look at the pattern.
Thanks
Msndy

Janellybelly said...

It's gorgeous Rachel, might have to whip one up myself - thanks for the link. Hope Miss Maya is feeling a whole lot better.
Janelle xx

Linda said...

what a gorgeous bag Rachel!! hope Maya is all better!

Calidore said...

Ohh poor Maya. I hope she is feeling better now. Well done on the bag - love the fabric. I have the pattern but have been putting off making it - it's now risen to the top of the list. How did you make that flower by the way and why is it simple things like that defeat me?

Jodie said...

Perfect use of that heavier fabric. I hope maya is ok now...and that the others don't catch it...

Stephanie said...

Poor Maya! Hope she feels better today. CUTE bag. I've had that pattern bookmarked and keep admiring it. Now I'm inspired to make one. Love your choice of fabric and the flower is the perfect finishing touch.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope Maya is on the mend! What a gorgeous bag - love the cute fabric.

Robin said...

Love the bag...it's on my list of things to do also! Hope you little maya is feeling better today.

Nic said...

A very cute bag and a great way to spend a few hours.
I hope Maya was feeling much better today.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Poor Maya :o( But what a beautiful bag! I'm off to investigate the tutorial now. Hope Maya is much better and you all have a great weekend. Lucy x

Sara said...

I love that little bag. I am going to go check out the pattern. Its just too cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...