Sunday, April 5, 2009

Playing hookey..

I've had so many deadlines over the past week, both with craftiness and the real job and the family too, that today I gave myself a bit of a break in the afternoon and started this table runner. This is just a peek of it, as it will be a gift, and I used Rachel's tutorial for a disappearing 9 patch and really enjoyed making it.

This weekend has been great. Matt gave himself a day off from the nursery and went off to Melbourne to the V Festival with some mates. I caught up with Jodie, Annie and Emma, and met Catherine, who made it down to Ballarat for the weekend from Swan Hill. That's just over a 3 hour drive. Lovely to spend some time with some of the blogging girls.

The kids did a bit of paper craft from the link here. It is really worth a visit, especially for the school holidays. The kids just amaze themselves with what they can achieve and the results are just beautiful. We have quite a few paper animal treasures around our place ..

12 comments:

Shabby Raggy Roses said...

How funny - I've just finished a quilt today (Sewing ALL day!)using Rachel's tutorial...I did it in the Shabby pinks, just have to quilt it now. Love the colours you've chosen!
Best wishes,
Jenelle

Cathy said...

lucky you to have a little time to yourself. I think we all need a break like that in our hectic world. Wish I could have been there with you bloggin girls too!

Your table runner looks great.

Jodie said...

It was great fun and those animals your kids made are quite spectactular. Hope Matt had a great time.

rachel griffith said...

oh yayyy.
i can't wait to see your runner all finished.
{thanks for linking the tutorial.}

sounds like yall had a blast.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your table runner is looking fabulous in that Amy fabric! I had the afternoon sewing too - bliss!

Kitty said...

Love the colours and patterns in your work there - so pretty. Thanks for the links - I'm off to investigate the papercraft one - it's the Easter Holidays here. x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your sewing is looking lovely! And I'd really like to see the children's paper animals!

Lucy x

Calidore said...

After all that you have had on I don't blame you for playing hookey. Your quilt is amazing and the fabrics.....ohhhhhhh.....yummy. Hope Matt had a wonderful day at the festival. Ohh and I have found the papercraft link and will show the kids soon. It was wonderful to catch up with you all. An amazing weekend.

Missie Krissie said...

Wow that fabric combination makes me drool!!

Janellybelly said...

Wow, I was thinking that fabric would be a good choice for the disappearing 9 patch pattern - it looks stunning.

Sara said...

I love the pinks in that disappearing 9-patch. Can't wait to see it finished!

Maree said...

Looks Great in this Fabric...I am loving this block too...
cheers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...