Thursday, April 30, 2009

Redwork Cushion Swap ~ Thanks Julia!

Ayden's back from camp now, and so is my camera. I could hardly wait to show these beautiful gifts from Julia as part of Maree's Redwork Cushion Swap!

Julia's stitching is fantastic and the combination of the red fabrics look so happy! I've photographed the cushion and the needle case, but there was also a pattern and variegated thread in the package too. Lucky me! Thank you so much Julia, and to Maree for organising this swap.

This week I was desperate. I'd finished off my Santa stitchery but I wasn't going to start anything new until I had put the binding on the Loose Change quilt.

Unfortunately the quilt was still wet and I can't watch tv in the evenings with empty hands can I? I got the unpicker out and went to the "unpick in progress" pile. It's such a sad pile. But I finished off this sewing bag designed by Rosalie Quinlan and replaced the ric rac that I didn't like and dragged out these fabric baskets. When I washed the wash away pen from these the cotton/linen fabric shrank a bit and left the linings bagging. Since they were supposed to be for my mum's birthday in January I will be pretty happy to get them finished by Mothers Day.

I hate unpicking :( but I do like to finish!

11 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

I can't find any of my 4 quick unpicks!!! I'm seriously thinking I'll buy a new one in town on Friday!!!! I have LOADS to unpick. Possibly even a WHOLE star quilt!! It's so nice to fix things and get them finished isn't it? I haven't had that feeling yet!!!!

Stina said...

Love the redwork swap items you received.. so beautiful!!!
Unpick.. just the word..gives me the chill...:o)
Good luck with your new finishes..love all your bags there..:o)

our shabby cottage said...

Lovely swap gifts Rachel. I hate unpicking too...

Melissa Antolovic said...

gosh I wish I'd be motivated do something like that in front of the tv. Good on you for multi tasking!

Cathy said...

It all looks lovely -
I have made that sewing bag too, I gave it my mum a few years for mothers day - she loves and still uses it. I have always meant to make myself one too - one day. I know what you mean about unfinished things. I have a couple of quilts that need finishing.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

What lovely goodies you received! But unpicking??? Eurgh! Then again, having seen your work, I can't imagine you being able to cope with giving a present that wasn't perfect!

Lucy xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

wow your cushion is beautiful.....and the needlecase too......mine is in transit with Australia Post still........

goodluck with the unpicking........

Shari said...

Julia does amazing work - you are indeed lucky to have some of her work.

Un-sewing is never fun...

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What lovely Redwork goodies! Hope you make some good progress on your unpicking pile!

Julia said...

Your welcome Rachel,
So glad they arrived safely and in such quick time...
Unpicking is one job I hate too...usually I can get Dh to do it for me while I get on with sewing..
Julia ♥

The Old Dairy said...

I love your cushion and needle case. All the swap projects are wonderful....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...